Redirect feature is broken?

It appears that the "redirect" feature in SpamCop email might be broken. I tried to redirect several messages to different email accounts (one at spamcop, one not at spamcop). The redirect dialog window opens, it accepts an email address, I click submit, and the dialog goes away as expected. However, the email never arrives at the destination.

I tried to forward the same messages using SpamCop email to the same destination addresses. Those arrived nearly instantly, so forward is working fine.

I composed new mail in SpamCop and sent it to those addresses, again it arrived nearly instantly.

Is redirect having issues? Please advise, thank you.

chris...

Odd, in that one would think that the same modules would be used ... Note kicked out to JT on this seemingly increasing problem with some outgoing e-mail .. though again noting that the very small samples of problems suggest that it's not a system wide failure thing (yet?)

First of all, you may want to wander through the Topic at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1719 to see if there's the possibility that something there might match your situation.

JT's response is that he uses the redirect all the time, no problems. So if the above referenced Topic doesn't help .. then please supply the same data I requested in that Topic .. (a bit more specific data would be appreciated) ... the account data of both the SpamCop account and the address at the "never received" e-mail server, and the specific time of the actual attempt at "sending" the redirect ... (The "about 0900" and lack of spamcop account data over in that other Topic caused JT to really blow a lot of time trying to track down the actual log data)

I'll be happy to supply all the details including exact addresses and times. I can also work with someone in real time on the phone (I'll call you) if that helps. However, I would prefer not to post all the sordid details of my email traffic for the world. May we please take this offline?

chris...

I'll be happy to supply all the details including exact addresses and times.  I can also work with someone in real time on the phone (I'll call you) if that helps.  However, I would prefer not to post all the sordid details of my email traffic for the world. May we please take this offline?

JT has a contact point, made known in many places, to include these Forums. support <at> spamcop.net .... Phone calls are a bit out there ... I'd just posted about an issue of JT being in the datacenter, but the security of that building turns out to also include blocking cellphone and pager traffic <g> So, in this case, no problem with your e-mailing the details ... that was actually the main point of my suggested guidance ... too many seem to just bypass asking for any help here or the newsgroups, sneding an e-mail to him simply saying that "I have a problem .. fix it" but offering no details to make the task an easy "look this up, ah there it is" ... These Forums also offer a PM mode, which others also seem to find "easier" than posting (or reading, for that matter) in the Forums themselves, but that's also an alternative to publically posting all the details. (Noting that not all the "SpamCop Admin" folk handle these PM's well, as this web-based thing is way down on their priority list for various reasons)

Archived