Our Use Of Spamcop

Redd

Since we have began the use of the spamcop reporting tools our incidents of spam email has dropped drasticly.......A very good thing

My main question is this, and I've been wondering it for a while now.

Over the past year, I have moved our sites from Earthlink hosting to our own and since have been getting quite an education regarding the mail

How to read the headers and how to determine the mail's origin and all of that really cool stuff

My question is this?

Let's say a domain has 6 different email addresses configured for 6 different people. Would I have to configure each address as a separate account for the sake of reporting? Or would spamcop just pick up on the fact that the report is originating from the same domain?

I've always wondered about this.

Secondly

Regardless of the type and kind of mail, at the very top of the header it gives our server and the host space root mail as the reply address.

Is this odd or is this something that occurs when you configure Horde through a cPanel to deliver to an outlook client?

Redd

First question - if "you" report a spam, any dialog involved is reflected against "your" registered e-mail address/account .... If you want the other 5 people to handle their own reporting, they should have their own accounts.

And yes, this answer is based strictly on what you asked, there are some variations and shades involved if you want to get more complicated.

Second question - you've got so much involved with your mix ... how about a sample? Or wait until one of the e-mail guys comes through that may know of what all you're playing with ... I've not seen your combo reference to "cPanel via Horde to an Outlook client" before, so I can't even hazard a guess as to what kind of an account you're actually dealing with .. part of this confusion by a recent poster that was actually using a corporate account with SpamCop .. which this Forum was not originally intended to support (to the best of my knowledge .. else JT would have set up a specific Forum for that??)

Our server has software "cPanel" installed, from which we have access to 3 separate mail servers, the one we overwhelmingly chose was Horde Mail, because it was thought that since spamcop uses Horde then they can't be all that bad now..(smiley)

Basicly what I've done was to write our pop and smtp into outlook express locally and had cPanel (Horde) write the mail entries into our registry for outlook, so when the Horde server gets the mail, it will hold on to it until we call for it locally through our outlook.

Redd

You didn't say whether your first question was answered yet .. but from your description, it would seem that you'd want to head on over to a Horde support Forum to get that answer. This is primarily a peer-to-peer support group for the use of the SpamCop reporting tools. If JT ever finds the time to blow out the selection of Forums here, perhaps this could be worked in, but at present, anything above what has been discussed thus far about the second question would be moved to the Lounge area ....

Archived