Auto reporting?

Since becoming an officer of a local club, and having links on the club web page that direct email to me, I'm obviously getting more spam. Is there some way I can set up "land mines" to send the messages directly to SPAMCOP without having to go to the web page and click on the REPORT NOW button in order to complete the processing? That way the scum that harvest web pages for email addresses will nail themselves without the need for human intervention.

You are basically asking about setting up and running spamtrap addresses. In general, Julian doesn't accept outside items such as this, basically that trust thing, management being a secondary issue. The "automatic" thing is always seen as an issue. Setting up to automatically report is one thing, but the lack of oversight is a definite problem. Again, it would still boil down to "you" being responsible for what reports are generated and which reports go out. There will be no explicit approval offered for you to set this kind of thing up. Others have tried, some even succeeded, only to get bit one day when "something" went wrong.

Archived