uce@ftc.gov refuses spamcop reports

Mikey

Somewhere else ( http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1972 ), I offered up my shot at confirming a new address found on the www.ftc.gov pages for spam .... still don't have an answer from them, but noting that my e-mailed submittals to the uce address have not bounced yet. So, it would appear that someone at the FTC is in the process of forcing a change to the new address (though noting that a number of newsgroup postings this morning follow woth the theme that they were getting a "uce address is mapped to spam address" message) ... but again, the folks I talked to didn't have a clue, still referring people to the uce address.

The med address offered also has yet to bounce for me. But again, those are "my" e-mails, not a SpamCop forwarded report.

...Also just starting to happen today:
webcomplaints[at]ora.fda bounces (10 sent : 7 bounces)

webcomplaints[at]ora.fda refuses spamcop reports

Do you mean webcomplaints[at]ora.fda.gov - or is an address typo causing the problem?

Hi, moonbroth,

...Oops, you're right! Not exactly a typo -- bitten by the 100 character limit on the "Public standard report recipients" preferences input field. :(

I get this:

uce[at]ftc.gov redirects to spam[at]uce.gov

uce[at]ftc.gov refuses spamcop reports

So it apparently is trying a new address but I have to believe someone here at SC put them on the do-not-send list. And of course it never actually sends the report to the redirect address. Maybe I'll try sending to spam[at]uce.gov directly???

Thanks Miss Betsy, I generally do the web entry though. However you are correct, it would be easy enough to copy them on an email.

Yep, that works. Or at least I should say, SC lets it go. Don't know if they are bouncing or not.

I put them in my "Public Standard Report Recipients" so they show up all the time.

(which such recipients would have their box checked by default though)

As far as the FTC reporting address goes, please see a post I placed over in the Lounge .. as I finally got a response from a Tech Contact (still nothing from the Webmaster / contact point listed on the web pages themselves) .... http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=13792

guess now I'll try the FDA folks and see what's up there ....

Archived