empty trash- purge trash

used to be if I viewed my e-mail using spamcop webmail, trashed the ones I did not want, reported the ones that were spam- then logged out and used my outlook to pick up the sorted mail from spamcop all I got was what I wanted, now I am also getting the mail I already trashed again........

Is there an empty trash on exit pref?

why has it changed...

Nothing has changed from here. It is still working as you describe it...

Can you check: Options, Deleting and Moving Messages, When deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder instead of marking them as deleted? Make sure that is checked.

POP (from Outlook) can only access the Inbox contents. If you leave the messages in the Inbox, no matter their status, they will be picked up. If you leave them marked as deleted, I think there is another way to refresh the account to actually delete them.

Ok after a double and triple check I can confirm that with an empty e-mail inbox box in my spamcop webmail I a do get mail that was deleted and is in my spamcop trash folder.

When looking at the mail in my (spamcop) trash folder I see that the only mail that I am picking up via my outllok pop account is tagged with the little head (personal), not anything I have set so it appears to be a loophole in spamcops filters ! and all mail marked as personal even though trashed still gets picked up via pop.

do I get to name the loophole? if so its know known as the "little head manuver".

I'm not seeing either problem. I have 4 different "personalities" configured and many of the spams have them, no popping for me. Also my trash has been purged to the 2 days I have it set for. Messages before 18-jul are gone.

Have you emailed support<at>spamcop.net?

Steve with four personalities already can you be sure you don't have a another one that is emptying your trash for you ?

I'm not seeing either problem.  I have 4 different "personalities" configured and many of the spams have them, no popping for me.  Also my trash has been purged to the 2 days I have it set for.  Messages before 18-jul are gone.

Have you emailed support<at>spamcop.net?

13622[/snapback]

Archived