Spam causes forward button to disappear.

Appilonia

I've just received spam which, when opened, causes the forward button to disappear.  So far, I haven't been able to find a way to send it to Spamcop. I have never had this happen before. Does anyone have any suggestions?

13640[/snapback]

Not a clue, especially stuck on having to start the guessing at what "Forward" button you might be talking about in the first place, what software might be involved, what platform, and maybe a handful of other questions that might help someone take a stab at trying to suggest something. The bad part of it is that if you have your system set up so insecure that an e-mail can screw-up your day, I'd say that losing the Forward button is the least of your worries. The fact that you use the phrase "when opened" is also a scary situation. But again, perhaps all taken in the wrong context, because you offered no starting point .... try again with some of the blanks filled in ..???

Not a clue, especially stuck on having to start the guessing at what "Forward" button you might be talking about in the first place, what software might be involved, what platform, and maybe a handful of other questions that might help someone take a stab at trying to suggest something.  The bad part of it is that if you have your system set up so insecure that an e-mail can screw-up your day, I'd say that losing the Forward button is the least of your worries.  The fact that you use the phrase "when opened" is also a scary situation.  But again, perhaps all taken in the wrong context, because you offered no starting point ....  try again with some of the blanks filled in ..???

13641[/snapback]

I'm sorry for being so vague. Let me try to elaborate.

When I went to my mailbox I "opened" a letter which turned out to be spam. Normally, when I am reading my mail, there is a "forward" button at the top of the page which I use to forward spam to spamcop. However, when I opened this particular piece of spam to read it, my forward button disappears. Therefore, I am unable to send the spam to spamcop in the way that I am accustomed to. Any useful comments would be appreciated.

P.S. I am not saying that this email "screwed-up my day". Just that I would like to send it to spamcop but am unable to.

I'm sorry for being so vague. Let me try to elaborate

Here's a specific question, as you've still not quite cleared things up yet for me ... Are you talking about using a SpamCop Filtered E-Mail Account? And if so, is this Forward button on a SpamCop "screen" ???? (If so, I'll move this to the E-Mail Forum)

Here's a specific question, as you've still not quite cleared things up yet for me ... Are you talking about using a SpamCop Filtered E-Mail Account?  And if so, is this Forward button on a SpamCop "screen" ????  (If so, I'll move this to the E-Mail Forum)

13646[/snapback]

...And if not a "SpamCop Filtered E-Mail Account," what e-mail software are you using?

...And if not a "SpamCop Filtered E-Mail Account," what e-mail software are you using?

13647[/snapback]

No. I'm not using a SpamCop filtered email account. I use zworg.com for my email service. The thing is, this has never happened before or to any other emails that I received today.

Ok, I tried explaining in my first that you haven't provided enough to go on, and continuing this fragment and bit-by-bit isn't going anywhere fast .... from the sounds of it (and again, I'm not going to do any more guessing or trying to extract info here) perhaps you need to talk to someone at zworg.com about whatever it is that you're using to handle your e-mail that doesn't work with this one e-mail .... Sorry, but I just don't like playing games this way ...

No.  I'm not using a SpamCop filtered email account.  I use zworg.com for my email service.  The thing is, this has never happened before or to any other emails that I received today.

13648[/snapback]

Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? Or are you getting mail from a website?

Can you copy and paste the mail?

Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? Or are you getting mail from a website?

Can you copy and paste the mail?

13661[/snapback]

Hi Syb, Thanks for your interest.

I am getting mail from a website. I can copy and paste the spam but I don't think that it will help. At this point I am just going to forget about reporting this spam. It's not worth all of the trouble. I just hope that the spammer hasn't found a way to block their spam from being reported to spamcop.

Thanks again.

Archived