KnujOn shutting down

nhraj700

Just a heads up for anyone forwarding spam to KnujOn.com, they are shutting down their servers.  I am posting what they posted on their servers recently as I was receiving error messages back from their mail server the last few days. One less effort in the fight. :(

Dear KnujOn members, friends and visitors,

This project will cease accepting samples from the public on 22 May 2018. The knujon.net will stop accepting email samples and the server will be shut down. The servers at coldrain.net will stop forwarding email. knujon.org will cease accepting new memberships and donations as of 8 March 2018. knujon.com will remain active to maintain historical information about the project but no sample data will be accepted. All currently held samples and all samples accepted up until 22 May 2018 will be processed.

This research was started by Dr. Robert Bruen and Garth Bruen in 2003. After 15 years we have reached clear fundamental conclusions concerning the management of the Internet, findings which are neither pleasing nor surprising. We have taken this work as far as we can at this stage. A final comprehensive report of KnujOn findings will be published and maintained at knujon.com.

We thank everyone for their dedication and participation in this project and hope you will join us when we start our next project which will be based on KnujOn findings. The details of this further research will be announced on knujon.com.

On 3/13/2018 at 7:02 PM, nhraj700 said:

... After 15 years we have reached clear fundamental conclusions concerning the management of the Internet, findings which are neither pleasing nor surprising. ...

I look forward to seeing their upcoming final report, if it provides more details.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Posted in case anyone is interested. Received this email this morning.

Dear Member,

On 22 May 2018 Knujon.net will cease accepting forwarded samples and the server will be shut down. Coldrain-related servers will also cease forwarding samples as well. The site Knujon.com will remain active and continue to publish updates to reports as well as maintain documents as an archive repository.

The KnujOn project, for several reasons, will be winding down and completing its work. As many may suspect we do not have the resources required to maintain this project. However, KnujOn has largely achieved what it set out to do. Fifteen years ago my father, Dr. Robert Bruen, and I started KnujOn principally as a research project. The project was intended to test and evaluate the overall Internet infrastructure as it pertains to consumer abuse and systemic subversion. We have collected enough information to draw fundamental conclusions. Our final findings will be published and our members will have access to detailed analysis.

Our research started as a technical endeavor but quickly became political (political in the broad sense of different groups competing for control of resources and influence). The political situation evolved into a criminal one and eventually into a clear problem of corruption and abuse of public trust as well as power. While KnujOn has been able to fix a number of problems within the Internet architecture, the core issue is beyond our ability to address. We have neither the resources to deliver the solutions that are truly needed nor to deliver the kind of user experience KnujOn members deserve. With that being said, our work is in fact successful and you have a lot to be proud of. All of this will be fully documented in our final report.

On the technical side you should start seeing your report refreshed. Our service provider, without prior notice, switched the operating system of our key publishing server. This small change caused all of our uploads to fail or be overwritten with blank data. We were not aware of this problem for some time and fixing it was difficult because there were no actual errors in our code. This has been corrected and all samples received before 22nd will be processed and analyzed. Statistics and other report publishing will begin again now that this problem with our hosting company has been identified. In this effort we continue to support you, but the collection and processing of additional samples beyond this are not required to support the conclusions we have already reached.

I know you may have been frustrated by our lack of progress and response, trust that no one is more frustrated than I am. Everything we have done was for the public good and with the best intent. We thank everyone for their dedication and participation in this project and hope you will find our final report useful.

-Garth at Knujon.com

• 2 years later...