Question regarding de-listing of servers

krunch

Greetings all.

My organisation uses a third party for email store & forward. IN the last 24 hours the server we forward our mail to appears to have been listed in the spamcop database.

At this stage I can get no feedback from the company that owns the server so I was wondering

1. Is it possible their server was listed in error

2. Is it possible for a server to be removed from the list

3. Should I be looking for a new store & forward host.

Please advise soonest as I have 150 angry users beating down my (imaginary) office door.

Thanks in advance

Donald.

To put it bluntly, any specific information or response requires some specific data be provided by you. Maybe you could start with reading a bit of FAQ, like the Why am I Blocked section .... hoping that when you figure out what data is used and how it's obtained, perhaps you might add just this kind of data in your next query. That you drove right by two "read before posting" signs, ask questions that are answered in those "read before posting" items, and then further neglect to provide any specific data to allow for any research to answer your query ... there's not much else to say at this point.

Greetings all.

My organisation uses a third party for email store & forward.  IN the last 24 hours the server we forward our mail to appears to have been listed in the spamcop database.

At this stage I can get no feedback from the company that owns the server so I was wondering

3. Should I be looking for a new store & forward host.

Please advise soonest as I have 150 angry users beating down my (imaginary) office door.

Thanks in advance

Donald.

16471[/snapback]

Unfortunately I need to know the IP that was listed to be able to tell you anything about why it was listed.

<snip>At this stage I can get no feedback from the company that owns the server so I was wondering

16471[/snapback]

...Yes but these seem to be rare.

<snip>

16471[/snapback]

...Yes, under certain circumstances and normally within 48 hours of the last spam report. See Ellen's reply, above.

Archived