White list - random emails address added?

Looking at my Whitelist I notice there apperars to be many emails addresses added like 08761876870108[at]somedomain.com. I'm preetty sure i haven't accidentaly added these (but you never know!) My white list now runs to 60 pages.

1/ Is there any way these could have been added maliciously?

2/ Is there any way to increase the number displayed per page so that I can manage them more easily?

All the best

1/ It is always possible, but more likely you did do this yourself, perhaps accidently. I have been noticing many more lagre organizations using external email services for their mailings (probably due to span problems) and many of these services use return addresses that look like the "job code" of the run. If I know where the address came from (search your inbox for the address), I will usually clear them out leaving only the somedomain.com part because the next run may be stopped as well.

Another possibility is that you inadvertantly hit the "Release and Whitelist" button on a page of spam, but then the addresses would probably not be in the same format.

2/ Unfortunately I don't think so. That is a function of the webmail software (Hoard IMP) being used.

Archived