Setup for Spam Inspector

rgjs

I plead ignorance on the use of this third-party tool, but for your authorization code ... do you even have a spamcop account to start with? That authorization code is bit hard to miss in the "Welcome to SpamCop" e-mail you should have received. Or are you one those that keeps me wondering how you signed up for a SpamCop Filtered e-mail account without ever having been to the www.spamcop.net web page?

Excuse me???? I was looking for help at this forum not to be treated rudely!!!

I have signed up for the Free account and have had my email accounts verified by SpamCop.net.

I'm sick of the spam and want to report them to each place I can!!!

Excuse me !? Where do you see "rude" anywhere? I'll repeat the question .. do you actually have a SpamCop account? ... You say yes, a free-reporting account .. so I'll point once again to the data received in the "Welcome To SpamCop" e-mail. The additional "email accounts verified by SpamCop" comment is strange, but thinking maybe you mean something like you've gone through the MailHost Configuration thing? Have you yet logged into the page at www.spamcop.net ?

Yes I have logged into the spamcop.net web page.

And here's part of the email regarding the email configuration to let you know I have really been there....so NO I'm Not one of those that keeps you wondering how they signed up for a SpamCop Filtered e-mail account without ever having been to the www.spamcop.net web page

Hello SpamCop user,

This email contains special codes and tracking information to help SpamCop

figure out your specific email configuration. Do not post this email in

public. It contains confidential information related to the security of

your SpamCop account.

Please return this complete email, preserving full headers and the special

tracking codes below.

I do not remember receiving a "Welcome to spam Cop" email that contained a code. My ISP has been experiencing delivery issues and it may never have arrived. Anyway, that's why I'm asking where I can locate this code.

I've logged onto the website and can locate where to change my user name and password, etc but do not see the authorization code anywhere nor any "contact us" information to ask them directly.

THANK YOU!!!

Yes the e-mail sample you provided is part of the MailHost configuration sequence.

I am having a bit of a problem in guessing at the rest of the problem .. when I logon to the www.spamcop.net page, I see a line "Forward your spam to submit:somestringofcharacters [at] spam.spamcop.net" I did try most of the "display types" and that line is showing in all views .... is it just that you haven't made the connection between the "somestringofcharacters" and your "code" or is something else gone wrong?

Perhaps noting that the inital response historically has come from a robot named "nobody" .. sometimes that particular e-mail gets shuffled off into a trash / spam / bulk mail Folder ... and of late, there are a couple of ISPs that have kicked in filtering (on both incoming and outgoing e-mails) that silently delete anything that "looks" like spam, even deleting e-mail spam submittals to SpamCop for reporting.

That's what I needed right there! The somestringofcharacters [at] spam.spamcop.net.  I found it on the website.

Thanks!!!

Great .. glad we got you there .. also happy that the rudeness is over with <g> .. as you now see, it was hard for me to try to come up with some reason that this "code" wasn't poking you right in the eye, thus the questions that you took wrongly .. Anyway, you may want to read around a bit .. SpamCop isn't "the" tool that will automatically stop all your spam, though some remark that it reduces it a lot .. but there are others that complain that things go the other way, and blame SpamCop for that.

Archived