Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

robertd202

Every time I try to register my mail host I get this error. No explanation of what is wrong or how to fix it. From reading "read this first" messages it may be that the Mail Host Name is wrong, but how do I find out what name Spamcop has assigned to my mail host? My mail host is Verizon.net. You would think that that would be pretty simple. What gives? :(

The mailhost name should NOt be a problem. The mailhost name you give the entry does not really matter as it will change if it has already been registered. If it is the first registration from any spamcop.net user, the name will be set to your setting unless a deputy changes it.

Are you submitting the reply via the web page or email. If email, how are you returning the probe (forward as attachement is best). What email app are you using?

Do you have any forwarding of your email going on? If so, you need to register the last account to receive the message first and work your way back.

Did the reply you got give instructions for a waiver? THat would be the next step if you think you are doing everything (sending message with full headers, etc) else correctly.

I am working backwords, this is my main mail host.

I will try again.

I cut and pasted the email into the link provided in the e-mail.

Got same error message.

I sent a new email per the instructions.

I finally received an explanation of the problem. The headers were not correct and they suggested it was a problem with MS Outlook. I used SpamSource to parse the email and then sent it back as a new e-mail.

This time I received a message that the headers were mangled.

The last error I recived said the header had been altered. It appears to be from the automatic line wrap in Outlook. Outlook will allow you to expand the wrap to 132 characters, but won't allow you to eliminate the wrap. The line causing the problem is longer than 132. What now?

Headers should not wrap except in the RFC defined ways (whitespace starting the continuation line).

If you manually wrap the line including adding the whitespace and paste it into the form, it will probably work, but part of the process is to make sure your configuration can acurately display the headers correctly, and your configuration is not. That is a bigger problem.

OK, finally success. Here is how I did it.

I processed the e-mail with SpamSource and pasted it in Notepad.

I then copied the e-mail from notepad (with word wrap off) and pasted into the 2 part form at the link provided. I posted it all in the top part of the form.

I got a message saying it was successful. :)

Archived