Unable to display source of spam email & reporting same email repeatedly rejected

MIG

I regularly report email spam via [https://www.spamcop.net/][Report spam] & also send all to  [spam.acma] Team, however, one spam email I've been unable to display the source despite changing browsers, turning off all security/firewall software, working in safe mode.... 

Because I cannot extract the source I've been unable to submit it to  [https://www.spamcop.net/][Report spam].

And, every time I forward the email to  [spam.acma] Team I get a bounce back message, as follows:

Sent: Thursday, 25 October 2018 20:38
To: report@submit.spam.acma.gov.au
Subject: Undeliverable: Fw: "BitCoins" - Tricks Are Secret, But There's No Secret On How To Join The Party

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

report@submit.spam.acma.gov.au (report@submit.spam.acma.gov.au)
Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: PU1APC01HT022.mail.protection.outlook.com

report@submit.spam.acma.gov.au
Remote Server returned '550 5.7.520 
Message blocked because it contains content identified as spam. AS(4567)'

I contacted [spam.acma] Team who advised "it appears the email is being rejected by your email service provider’s outbound email filter. The ACMA does not block or reject email spam reports sent to our service", however, I was able to report the same email to Microsoft Outlook spam reporting Team......  ??

Has anyone struck the "unable to display source" issue?

And, does anyone have any considered/expert advice - do you think the email is being rejected by Microsoft or by Acma's filters?

I don't have a report url, sorry, due to unable to submit the problem email to Spamcop.

Thanks in advance for any input/feedback.

If this is happening with only one email/spam, I would delete the email and move on.

Email providers, like Microsoft Outlook, change their software and email filters frequently without notice.  Reporting spam is not a function that they are usually concerned about. There objective is to provide the best email service to the majority of their users which see spam as a nuisance, but do not report spam (as you do).  They also want to protect the 'reputation' of Outlook as an email source and try to filter outgoing email to avoid being a source of spam.

I think ACMA is correct, Outlook is blocking your outgoing reporting email.  Other users have reported similar issues with Outlook and other providers from time to time.

This particular "BitCoin" email may contain some imbedded character code that Outlook is not able to handle.

1 hour ago, Lking said:

If this is happening with only one email/spam, I would delete the email and move on.

Email providers, like Microsoft Outlook, change their software and email filters frequently without notice.  Reporting spam is not a function that they are usually concerned about. There objective is to provide the best email service to the majority of their users which see spam as a nuisance, but do not report spam (as you do).  They also want to protect the 'reputation' of Outlook as an email source and try to filter outgoing email to avoid being a source of spam.

I think ACMA is correct, Outlook is blocking your outgoing reporting email.  Other users have reported similar issues with Outlook and other providers from time to time.

This particular "BitCoin" email may contain some imbedded character code that Outlook is not able to handle.

Thank you Lking, much appreciated. I have moved on, kinda :), the reason it was bugging me was: I could not display the source, that was very unusual & then, having it rejected as spam by a spam reporting agency, that did confuse me!

On the face of it there didn't seem to be any unusual characters, it did have an attached .pdf, no idea what that contained as I wasn't about to open it....

All good, if I get unlucky & strike this issue again at least I'll be better able to manage it.

Thanks again!

If the spam you're having trouble with is in your inbox, clicking on the "Report spam" (or eqivalent) in your provider's webmail might be of some value. Some providers not only use it to train their filters, but sends off a complain to the sender's provider, I've seen it happen with Yahoo.

Hello Lisati,

Thanks for replying.

I've been using "Report spam" for many years, to no avail, this year I got PO, that's how I stumbled upon Spamcop, in less than a month scummy spam has gone from mega to minor.... 

MS "report", "phishing spam" = pupuhi

?Spamcop?

Archived