What does `Mailhost waiver granted' mean?

I have several email addresses forwarded to my acm.org address, which is forwarded to my spamcop.net address, which is forwarded to my io.com address.

I started to configure my spamcop account for mailhosts. I added my io.com account and everything looked ok. I added my acm.org account and the mailhosts configuration tool told me that it was too complex and suggested several hosts in the io.com domain which might not yet be registered. I registered them without incident, but the acm.org account was still too complex.

The other option was to request a waiver, which I did. It was granted, but I still don't understand what that means. Can anyone explain or point me to more detailed docs?

Have you looked at the Pinned items in this Forum area?

20168[/snapback]

I did, however I did not see anything that would help me understand this `Mailhost waiver' unless you mean the bit that says `However other than very general responses I will need you to write to deputies <at> spamcop.net with "mailhosts" in the subject line.' I can do this if no more info is forthcoming in this forum, but I thought I should post here first.

Mark Geary

Well, then I'm not sure what you're looking for. You already stated that something in your chain of forwarded e-mail was some kind of screwed up, such that the "automatic" processing wasn't occuring. You requested a waiver, which was then granted, and lo and behold, somehow, something happened that made that screwed up situation OK. Now if one was to try to put tings together ... automatic stuff didn't fly, a note gets sent somewhere, someone looks at the note, does something, and send a "Waiver approved" note back .... what's missing? That some person got into resolving your problem" needs some explanation? The fact that your issue was something screwed up and couldn't be handled "automatically" and a real-live human got involved in "fixing" the data needs explained?

acm.org,Nov 15 2004, 02:44 PM]I did, however I did not see anything that would help me understand this `Mailhost waiver' unless you mean the bit that says `However other than very general responses I will need you to write to deputies <at> spamcop.net with "mailhosts" in the subject line.' I can do this if no more info is forthcoming in this forum, but I thought I should post here first.

Mark Geary

20170[/snapback]

When you request a waiver, the system generates an automatic mail to me/us. It is a way that one of us can intervene in a mailhost probe analysis. It contains the information I need to look at the parser analyzing the probe. Once I finish with the waiver then the system generates an email back to you saying the probe has been accepted and to not report spam until you finish adding all your mailhosts. Right now I don't see any mailhost waivers in the inbox so either you didn't generate one or you did and it was already answered .... Your should not have any hesitancy about asking for a waiver when given the opportunity -- we get lots of them :-)

Archived