Outlook Express plugin to simplify Spamcop ?

semmelbroesel

Hi,

I have been playing around trying to find the phrase "Forward As Attachment" anywhere in the registry or in program files (also tried "ard As Attachment" since the W is underlined and might include different code), but without result.

I am wondering if there is a way to add a menu item like "Forward As Attachment To Spamcop" which would automatically include your spamcop submit email address, and even better if it is possible to put a keyboard shortcut on that, e.g. F10 or something like that.

The fastest way I found so far is to select the email, press the second Windows key (which opens the right-click menu), press W, enter 1 (if your spamcop email contact is named e.g. "1spamcop") and press CTRL-ENTER to send.

I would like a one button solution :-)

So my questions are:

1. Can anyone program something like this to work with Outlook Express 6.x ?

2. Where is the right-click menu content stored (i.e. which file would have to be changed to access this) ?

Not sure if anyone can help with 2, but 1 would be nice :-)

Thanks!

So my questions are:

1. Can anyone program something like this to work with Outlook Express 6.x ?

2. Where is the right-click menu content stored (i.e. which file would have to be changed to access this) ?

(I understand you know this)

Logon to your SpamCop website It will have your super secret SpamCop "Forward address"

In Outlook Express (for windows) Highlight spam message then select

"meesage/forward as attachment" and send with your super secret spamcop address(disclose this to NO-ONE)

There are programs which make it a bit easier to report spam (Reporting spam is your best defence from attack) A good one is the stand alone product from SpamDeputy

It is best to just get a SpamCop email account which is the only email address you will ever need

(1) effectivly stops spam going into your in-box

(2) All spam is caught in a "held" folder for you to simply cheque all for reporting (this is done by a click of the mouse) Effectivly bit binning spam runs (before sent not after) till they either go broke or end up facing the authorities (In neat places like China this can mean being used as body parts)

I don't know enough about the registry to mess with it. However, it is possible in OE to highlight several spams and to send as a group. There is a size limit on how many bytes spamcop will accept in one submission, but generally that doesn't affect a submission of say 10 at time. The sequence is highlight spam, right click, select Forward as attachment, enter spamcop address and send.

OTOH, using the spamcop email system, as petzl suggests, is the most efficient way as well as some programs like spam deputy.

Miss Betsy

Archived