what are the changes after Mailhost configuration?

Hi,

that's surely a very stupid question, but concretely what are the changes after Mailhost configuration? I am currently using SpamCop by posting reports in the "Report spam" section, will that change after proceeding to Mailhost configuration via the "Add first hosts" button? Will reports be easier? Faster?

The objective of Mailhost configuration is for the system (the parser) to "know" the normal path of an email through your email host/ISP system.  With this information the parser can identify when a spam is injected into the normal path.  The information also help prevent you reporting your own system as the source of spam.

Without configuring you mailhost you must  review the results more carefully to assure you do not sent reports to part of your normal email processing system.

thank you Lking. Just to make sure I understand correctly:

- when you say "you must  review the results more carefully to assure you do not sent reports to part of your normal email processing system", you mean essentially check that the recipients listed in "Report spam to:" while reporting a spam are correct (do not include for example my own email provider)?

- once Mailhost is configured, the reporting process is the same for me? (copy paste and send report)

1 hour ago, houseincloud said:

"Report spam to:" while reporting a spam are correct (do not include for example my own email provider)?

- once Mailhost is configured, the reporting process is the same for me? (copy paste and send report)

That is correct.  You still should review where reports are going in the "Report spam to" but your email host will not be in the list.

Yes the reporting process will be the same.

Thank you so much Lking for your valuable help, everything is clear now!

I'll proceed now to Mailhost configuration.

EDIT: so I'm done and everything looks fine (though I didn't see the [Quick Report] alternative). I'm just reporting an obsolete link at the end of the Mailhost process which brought me to "The page you requested does not exist". The link is http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showforum=7

51 minutes ago, houseincloud said:

I'm just reporting an obsolete link at

Unfortunately there are several.  The forum has gone through a change in the underlying software system and database. Many links were broken, mostly in the area of older help post.

Archived