Reporting "illegal" spam to 3rd parties

mshalperin

Samcop routeinly reports spam to 3rd parties - i.e. imaphost.com - but it's unclear to me what, if anything they do with it. There is a lot of spam promoting patently illegal activity - selling controlled substances/narcotics, pirated software, phishing scams etc. which should be of interest to certain law enforcement agencies. Does anyone know of any sites from agencies such as FBI, DEA, FTC etc. set up to receive such spam reports?

imaphost / cyberveillance has a bit of a story behind it .. Google should fill your head in no time flat. Short stroy 'here' is that they are paying for the bandwidth consumed by the traffic going their direction, Julian basically (from what little has been said about it) going with the enemy of my enemy is a friend ... and SpamCop is Julian's thing ...

For the rest of your query, one place is Marjolien's Ban spam page, the link found within the FAQ here.

imaphost / cyberveillance has a bit of a story behind it .. Google should fill your head in no time flat.  Short stroy 'here' is that they are paying for the bandwidth consumed by the traffic going their direction, Julian basically (from what little has been said about it) going with the enemy of my enemy is a friend ... and SpamCop is Julian's thing ...

Yeah, I had searched them - something about looking for trademark infringements... They must have significant corporate backing.

Spamcop also (rarely) gererates reports to "3rd party interested in spamvertized website" which seem to be link specific.

For the rest of your query, one place is Marjolien's Ban spam page, the link found within the FAQ here

Thanks for the reference - this appears to have what I'm looking for.

Archived