Suenote

Why did I bother to browse and select an avatar when It is clearly not posted? It says "no avatar" and underneath it says "uploaded file 41X64" so where is my AVATAR??? :huh:

Suenote :angry:

Avatars were not 'allowed' when JT set this thing up. I thought that attempting to 'play' with that setting came up with the same 'error' message that the photo button generated .. the message that this option wasn't enabled. Interesting ... and that you allegedly did upload something is even stranger.

For some reason, IPB locked out their support forum to "only those that have purchased an IBP product" which sure doesn't include me .. and even this install is still running under the 'free trial' tag ... but I will go take a look and see what I can discover by clicking on a few things <g> ....

Thanks Wazoo I am curious as to why it did say that it uploaded a file ;)

Looking through things as we 'speak' ... So far, have only one line for the photo thing, and that only dealt with the file size ... the Avatar thing - checked 'No' - file extensions is fairly standard - limits available on file size again - and yes, there is a location for uploaded stuff - so it did "go somewhere" <g> ...

Think I'l leave this one to JT's fingers, as it does involve the file structure "here" ... a bit above the intent of the granting of access to those controls ... I have 'touched' a few controls (for instance fixed the problem with emoticons in the posts made before the last application upgrade ... added the Happy Hlidays thingy after trying a half-dozen other 'places' <g>) ... but, not my system and ... and sure don't want to have to say 'oooppps!"

• 1 month later...
Wow! .. almost a year ago <g> The stuff one forgets .... http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8

Bringing this Topic up to date also, main points covered in the referenced other discussion. Bottom line, there was checkbox that I flipped last night that should now not allow the uploading of avatars, so this situation should now be resolved <g>

Archived