SpamCop Mailhost not detecting all my SMTP Ips

You do not provide many specifics about what is missing or happening but as far as I know, you can not manually add specific IP's. You would have to delete and re-register the mailhost again. But you may not need to depending on a few things. You should probably contact deputies<at>spamcop.net for the authoratative answer on this. Mention mailhost in the subject line.

Information missing from your post is whether the IP's missing are for primary MXes of intermediary servers that handle your email. You also do not mention if you have tried a parse and it failed because of this.

The spamcop system sends a seperate message to each of the MX servers it finds for your address. For instance, there are 3 MX records on the internet for poboxes.com, so it would send 3 messages. If one of those systems were down, that message would fail, however, when mailhosts also keeps track of the host names and domains of the necessary servers so that if one or more are missed (or new ones added) they will be recognized. Note the poboxes.com and netforward.com entries in my NetForward mailhost entry below. You are also sharing that configuration with anyone else who shares the same servers or domains.

Hosts/Domains:  mail3.poboxes.com mail.netforward.com poboxes.com netforward.com a5.netforward.com apollo.netforward.com a4.netforward.com a2.netforward.com 

Relaying IPs:  64.156.215.8 69.56.175.229 69.56.175.228 69.56.175.209 69.56.175.206 69.56.175.208 69.56.175.226 69.56.175.231 

Ok.. sorry ..

smtp-in.chilitech.net has three ip addresses associated with it.. but spamcop only saw 63.....3 and 63...106 no 105 (or vs versa.. I forget which... it may have seen 105 and not 106)... so how do I get it to see that third server?

As I mentioned above, you should get a verified answer through the deputies but the host name smtp-in.chilitech.net (as well as chilitech.net) should also be listed in your mailhosts configuration, so it will not matter that the IP addresses are not listed.

When parsing, mailhosts uses all of the information to recognize a valid host.

Are you having problems parsing messages that go through the missing IP address? Have you even tried?

Your mailhost should look similiar to the following but missing the host name and IP you mention above. It may have other hosts and/or IPs as well, since I don't know your entire mail path.

Hosts/Domains:  smtp-in.chilitech.net chilitech.net smtp1-ha.chilitech.net smtp3-ha.chilitech.net smtp4-ha.chilitech.net

Relaying IPs: 63.174.244.3 63.174.244.105 63.174.244.106

Ok.. sorry ..

smtp-in.chilitech.net has three ip addresses associated with it.. but spamcop only saw 63.....3 and 63...106 no 105 (or vs versa.. I forget which... it may have seen 105 and not 106)... so how do I get it to see that third server?

23414[/snapback]

If you haven't already done this -- send your registered email address, the mailhost and the IPs that you are concerned about to the address in my sig.

Archived