Not receiving any reports

manda1

Hi,

I don't seem to be receiving reports for my network block, can anyone help tell me why?

I just saw a bounce from an email I sent and noticed I was on the SCBL, but never received a report.

The IP in question is: 68.79.179.3

I setup an ISP account, but that doesn't help as I still can't tell anything.

I want to find out whats getting reported as spam so I can remedy the problem ASAP!

Thanks, Mike

All of these items (except 4) are freely available to all users.

1. From: http://mailsc.spamcop.net/sc?track=68.79.179.3 , reports would be sent to:

Reports routes for 68.79.179.3:

routeid:12846601 68.72.0.0 - 68.79.255.255 to:abuse[at]ameritech.net

Administrator found from whois records

Please contact them for more information.

2. From: http://mailsc.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=68.79.179.3

Causes of listing

SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam about 10 times in the past week

3. From senderbase http://www.senderbase.com/?searchBy=ipaddr...ing=68.79.179.3

Network Owner M and A Computer ServicesĀ 

Domain tristateweb.comĀ 

Date of first message seen from this address 2004-05-11

CIDR range 68.79.179.0/24

4. From the information I can see being a paid reporter, many people do not like receiving your (assuming yours because of the senderbase information M and A) list.

Report History:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 6:59:50 PM -0500:

Have you LOST money on-line? ( M&A E News - Daily - January - 01/25/05 )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Submitted: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 6:58:53 PM -0500:

Deborah - Need Extreme Advertising? - Find out how to expose your site to 10...

Submitted: Monday, January 24, 2005 7:03:55 PM -0500:

... I will blast your ad to 150,000 Deborah ( M&A E News - Daily - January -...

Submitted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 8:18:35 PM -0500:

Deborah - your site needs an extreme marketing program. Exposure to 100's of...

Submitted: Friday, January 21, 2005 6:35:50 PM -0500:

The best advice I ever read Deborah ( M&A E News - Daily - January - 01/21/...

Submitted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 8:59:49 PM -0500:

Why do the others make you pay up front Deborah ( M&A E News - Daily - Janu...

Submitted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:31:48 PM -0500:

Deborah - Extreme Marketing Program Follow up

Submitted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:27:39 PM -0500:

Build Your List - $ .10 a day! ( M&A E News - Daily - January - 01/19/05 )

Submitted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 10:45:46 PM -0500:

Build Your List - $ .10 a day! ( M&A E News - Daily - January - 01/19/05 )

Submitted: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 6:55:41 PM -0500:

Deborah - Extreme Marketing For Your Website

Thank you for your reply.

1,2 and 3 I had already saw and know about, thanks.

#4 Is what I was trying to get to.

What I am wondering is why I don't receive a report when these items are reported by a user. Because I have been buying supposed Confirmed opt-ins from opt-media and was trying to see if these were the cause or if one of our web hosting customers were causing a problem.

Maybe it's because my email address isn't even listed in arin anywhere? Is there a way to get spamcop to send these to me also or should I get sbc to add my email addy to arin or ?

Thanks,

Mike

Because I have been buying supposed Confirmed opt-ins

You can NOT buy opt-in lists.... Since the person has probably never heard of you, they can not "opt-in" to receive messages from you.

I doubt very much you will get spamcop to send you any reports as you are telling everyone here you are spamming and most people do not want the reports to go directly to the spammer because the only thing "positive" to come of it is that you will listwash the reporter, forgetting that for every reporter, there are thousands of others who don't know how to report you and JHD. It does not stop the spammer (YOU) from spamming, just getting reported for spamming.

I have been buying supposed Confirmed opt-ins from opt-media and was trying to see if these were the cause.
Oh, that's an easy question to answer. Why didn't you say that in the first place?

For all practical purposes, assume any "opt-ins" list you can buy will be dirty (containing spamtraps and/or addresses who haven't actually consented to recieve mail *from you*) and will result in spamcop reports and other stains on your reputation.

By buying them and then sending mail to them, you're engaging in "black-hat" spammer behavior and, in the opinion of many people who care about the internet email system, are not entitled to anything other than disconnection from the internet.

This is a big company and I actually believed the process they were going to use was confirmed opt-in.

I believed the process they would be using was from publishers that they paid to put up these. I even provided them with the wording to put by the checkmark on the websites and the text for the confirmation email, that they are supposed to see and have to click on to confirm. I have copies of all the email correspondence with the salesman.

Either I was dupped by them or they get dupped by their publishers. I will certainly deal with that and not BUY anything like that again. I only added one day of the supposed confirmed opt-ins, so I can easily deal with it by deleting them.

I understand the concerns of being labeled a spammer and DO NOT want that. That is why I am here.

Any further help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Any further help/advice is appreciated.
If you can't figure out how to opt yourself into one of their lists without help from their salemen, it's probably not legit.

If you can figure it out, do due diligence: set up a new email address with no obvious connection to your existing net identities. opt it in to the lists you want to "purchase". monitor it for a month or two at minimum and see what you get. My prediction: if you're dealing with a business with "opt" in its name, the new address will become very useful as a spamtrap. :D

Archived