Unregister

LeaNder

<_<

I decided to unregister and give up the email-adress.

Just do not have time to spent hours each day on the spam-topic.

I tried the new mail-config-routine hoping that it was less time consuming.

But it is an old email-adress and my provider is now different so it probably caused you problems.

How do I unregister with Spamcop?

Barbara J.

bjsi22 <at> compuserve.de

You might want to edit your post and remove your email address. Spammers can pick it up from this forum.

You don't have to deal with the spam except to delete held mail folder after reviewing. You can use the email account simply as a filter. Some people only report the 'whatever number is convenient for you' most recent spam or those that make it past the filters to avoid hassle with large amounts of spam.

However, if you want to cancel your email account, if you go to this page, one of the options is to cancel your account:

SpamCop Email Contact

Miss Betsy

You might want to edit your post and remove your email address.  Spammers can pick it up from this forum.

LeaNder: I have long stopped to worry about that. Another one picking it up. So what! I have not been using it online nowadays except here for ages now. Doesn't seem to make any difference!

Betsy: You don't have to deal with the spam except to delete held mail folder after reviewing.  You can use the email account simply as a filter.  Some people only report the 'whatever number is convenient for you' most recent spam or those that make it past the filters to avoid hassle with large amounts of spam.

LeaNder: I am not sure if I understand the above.  So Spamcop offers me only the features that *Thunderbird* has anyway? I thought I could help making sources known.

So far I copied and pasted each arriving spam in the online *report* spam section. Then I realized that maybe, if I registered as described under the *mailhost* tap. It might become more convenient and I could just somehow forward it from my Thunderbird. But after the mail with further informations arrived and I continued the configuration process on the SpamCop site I was confronted with the puzzling statement that somehow my header showed two hosts/domains. [Or something similar anyway something that obviously couldn't be handled by the automatic process.] I was puzzled ... RTFM?... then realized it might be connected with the fact that the email address is by an old provider and now I use a different one. So maybe compuserve is trying to get rid of me  ;)

Although I am still a dormant call-by-call user. Yes slightly complicted I admit!

Now I am stuck right in the middle of the configuration process and to complicate things deleted one of the rendered Host/Domain's ... while possibly my mails somehow still show both. I haven't got the slightest idea; how to finish the process, maybe it would be more easy to start it all over again. Since to make things even more complicated I have deleted *one of them* Host/Domain's listed under the mailhost tap. And no option to delete both it seems.

Betsy: However, if you want to cancel your email account, if you go to this page, one of the options is to cancel your account:

SpamCop Email Contact

Well, at the moment the *delete spam* option in Thunderbird just means spending less time with all these nasty sellers. Maybe finally just it up to these desparate net-fishers is the way of least resistance.

But,  thanks

Miss Betsy,

for answering. i check, have a wonderful day wherever you may be!

23762[/snapback]

I'm still lost. No money mentioned or 'fuel' so it is possible that all this is about a "free reporting account" .. but ..???? and then the further confusion over an attempt at working the MailHost configuration for this account doesn't match the original post going into the "How to use .... / (the) SpamCop Forum" .... noting that I don't recall seeing a request for help in the MailHost Forum ...??? I also don't see any response to the additional data mentioned in my PM advising of the movement of this Topic or any reference to some of the same data in my previous posting 'here' ...

I'm still lost.

Now, if s/he used the link I provided, JT is scratching his head too if it was a free reporting account. <g>

Since 'email address' was mentioned, I thought it would be an email account. But the reply to my post sounded more like a reporting only account (though if s/he were cutting and pasting then would s/he have mentioned 'email address'?) OTOH, there is no mention of a refund so possibly it was a free reporting only account.

I think I would definitely have a large learning curve on a help desk!

Miss Betsy

Archived