Couldn't find spam message?!!

mhollowa

For the last several weeks I've been getting back

Subject: SpamCop encountered errors

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

for any spam message using utf encoding. Yup, the spam message is definitely there and very ugly in all its encoding. Any thing I should be doing? I'm processing 10 to 20 spam a day, and as far as I can tell, only the 2 to 5 a day with utf encoding are giving the parser fits.

Thanks,

Mike Holloway

Hi, Mike,

For the last several weeks I've been getting back

Subject: SpamCop encountered errors

for any spam message using utf encoding.  Yup, the spam message is definitely there and very ugly in all its encoding.  Any thing I should be doing?  I'm processing 10 to 20 spam a day, and as far as I can tell, only the 2 to 5 a day with utf encoding are giving the parser fits.

Thanks,

Mike Holloway

26249[/snapback]

...Are you submitting spam via e-mail or using the Online form?

...Can you please provide a tracking URL?

Hi, Mike,

...Are you submitting spam via e-mail or using the Online form?

...Can you please provide a tracking URL?

26251[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply. I use email, and there is no tracking URL. "Spamcop encountered errors" is the only reply. It comes with

followed by the message it received, followed by the headers of the spam message. It can pick out the headers OK, but can't seem to find the message, which is plainly there.

Thanks,

Mike Holloway

OK, so back to the beginning. "I use e-mail" leaves a lot of things unanswered. So let's rule out e-mail. Use whatever e-mail app you're using to get your e-mail, but use whatever options are available to get a "true and complete" copy of that e-mail and submit it via the paste-ou-in-the-box form at your www.spamcop.net page. Does that work?

If so, then we're back to trying to sort out your e-mail app and the issues involved there.

If no, then we are back to trying to sort out your e-mail app and the issues involved there.

(You might notice a recurring theme there <g>)

Your pevious posts seem to relate to Linux SMTP processing, the reporting.pl scri_pt .... is this still the same platform in use?

OK, so back to the beginning. "I use e-mail" leaves a lot of things unanswered. So let's rule out e-mail. Use whatever e-mail app you're using to get your e-mail, but use whatever options are available to get a "true and complete" copy of that e-mail and submit it via the paste-ou-in-the-box form at your www.spamcop.net page. Does that work?

Your pevious posts seem to relate to Linux SMTP processing, the reporting.pl scri_pt .... is this still the same platform in use?

-----------------------

Yup, that's me! It's been working fine, except with these utf messages. And yup, cutting and pasting into the web page works fine. I can forward the message to myself with Pine, cut and paste into the web page from that, and it still works fine. Have to change the address in reporter.pl and see what it looks like with that.

Thanks,

Mike Holloway

Archived