Repeated Report Updates

shinerweb

I recently submitted a spam email (report ID 1401886185) which orginated from mchsi.com/ ATT.NET

So far, I have received over 150 updates that have been sent from please_do_not_reply[at]mchsi.com to 1401886185[at]reports.spamcop.net.

Each has a different subject with a new reference (eg. [041405-051315-3269-00], and each is unique)

It appears to be in a loop, but I'm lost to see how.

Does anyone have any clues ?

Regards

Chris

I just manually reported a spam to mchsi yesterday myself and still have yet to receive any response at all <g> Run a couple of these through the parser (and cancel them) to get some Tracking URLs so that the headers can be seen.

From this side of the screen, I can't tell how long you've been reporting, what kind of account you've got, etc. ....

I just manually reported a spam to mchsi yesterday myself and still have yet to receive any response at all <g>  Run a couple of these through the parser (and cancel them) to get some Tracking URLs so that the headers can be seen.

From this side of the screen, I can't tell how long you've been reporting, what kind of account you've got, etc. ....

26534[/snapback]

I ran the replies back through the parser, but since they are not forged, they appear to SPAMCOP as genuine.

I've emailed mchsi a few times and not had any replies (but then, I wasn't really expecting one, so I'm not disappointed).

I'm sure its down to spamcop sending out a report to mchsi, which then sends an update back to SPAMCOP, and the cycle continues. I've just not seen this with anyone else before.

But I think you missed the point the request for the Tracking URLs of a few of these (Note that I did say to cancel the reports) .... it was the analysis of the headers to see if the reason for your duplication could be identified. As in other problem scenarios, you are the only one pointing out this situation, so it does not appear to be a SpamCop parsing/reporting engine problem.

Archived