...of Postini filtered messages

StevenUnderwood

You have figured out how to report the spam from your Inbox but your system uses Postini to hold most of the spam getting to you and you would like to report it as well.

I do not report the spam that is caught by Postini. I don't think there is an easy way to report directly from Postini because you can't forward messages to an alternate address. If you have filtering capabilities on your machine, you can select and "Deliver" to your own address, and make sure to filter to an alternate folder (X-pstn-disposition: quarantine should work). Then report as normal.

If reporting spam that has slipped by the Postini filtering, you can also include spam[at]postini.com when submitting via email so they can adjust their filters.

Ahh... just noticed you added this post. As such, I'll put my PM reply to you here as well:

I webfom report the plain text messages that come through now that my volume has decreased. Clicking on the 'show headers' link, I can cut and paste or drag and drop the headers and text separately into the Outlook/Eudora workaround form. For anything HTML or RTF, you have to open up the page source to copy the body block. Quite annoying. And only the first part of multi-part is shown. I've debated letting stuff through to my real mail account to report better, but like you said, then what's the point of doing it in the first place. Back in the day, it was too much to do manually, but now that it's at most a dozen or so a day, I can handle 5-10 minutes to take care of it.

About the Multi-part MIME messages, I'll pop a question about it over in Reporting help, as this forum isn't supposed to be for discussing issues like that.

(here it is: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4066 )

Archived