data not munged in 'ISP Response Center'

carpedie

I posted the following message also on news.spamcop.net:

Hello,

I don't know if it's just me, or something else. And how long this is happening.

This morning is was wondering what a ISP saw if he (or she) followed the urls in his message from SC. Some ISP's include the complete message in their auto-ACK. So I followed 1 of the urls to the 'ISP Response Center'. And from there to 'Show SpamCop Logic'.

Here and on 'View full message' all data like addresses and message-ID where NOT munged.

The message include in the auto-ACK from the ISP is munged and I checked my preferences and it says 'Obscure identifying information'.

Is it a personal setting or is something else wrong?

Thanks in advance

I posted the following message also on news.spamcop.net:

first of all, you identified the news server, but not which group ...

Second, you've already got answers over there .. not sure if I should drag them over here or not ... have you checked back where you first posted yet?

ah you found the group. Its spamcop.help. ;)

Short summary of what is written there and my response (for those we do not read newsgroups).

== Quote from John McLusky (nobody[at]spamcop.net)'s article

> Don Wannit <nobody[at]spamcop.net> wrote:

> >

> > There are two links of interest here, and they do behave differently

> > (OK, one is a button):

> >

> > View full message - shows the original message intact, so you can

> > look at it and double-check things before reporting it. There

> > is no munging. This is the raw spam message, not a report.

> >

> > Preview Reports (button) - shows the report(s) to be sent. This

> > will show munging, if appropriate.

> That's not what the OP was talking about - they received an autoack which

> basically quoted the report sent to the ISP, rather than the OP checking

> 'view full message' or 'preview reports'

Correct. I can send 1 or more examples to a deputy if needed.

I also see the same from the 'Past Report' option. If I check the submissions from today or yesterday, I see the same result if I follow the reportID and then the link at the bottom: 'Track source'. If I do the same with older messages, I see <x> where my emailaddress used to be.

1 Difference strikes me: in recent reports the page starts-off with the parsing mechanism and the link: 'View full message'

In 'older' (19 february and earlier) the page starts-off with the munged headers of the offending message before the parsing mechanism is shown.

Am I the only one, of can anyone reproduce the same thing?

ah you found the group. Its spamcop.help. ;)

I also see the same from the 'Past Report' option. If I check the submissions from today or yesterday, I see the same result if I follow the reportID and then the link at the bottom: 'Track source'. If I do the same with older messages, I see <x> where my emailaddress used to be.

1 Difference strikes me: in recent reports the page starts-off with the parsing mechanism and the link: 'View full message'

In 'older' (19 february and earlier) the page starts-off with the munged headers of the offending message before the parsing mechanism is shown.

Am I the only one, of can anyone reproduce the same thing?

Please send the example of the link in the report that you sent yourseld to deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net

Thanks

Archived