Flat-rate _reporting_ account?

If you can stand the delay, you could go with a free reporting account and not pay anything.

Other than that, if you buy a mail account, you get a reporting account along with it that is not measured by volume, although it has maximum daily reporting limits, I think. You would not need to use the mail part of it and would basically have a flat rate reporting account.

BTW, I hope you don't expect that reporting alone will somehow decrease the amount of spam sent to your email address. It does not.

The FAQ here has data on the free, report-only, and filtered e-mail accounts, to include links to "how to sign up" ... have you looked at the Pinned item tagged with the "read before posting" comment? The obvious first step would be to try the free-reporting item first to at least see what's up.

If you can stand the delay, you could go with a free reporting account and not pay anything.

I can't really stand the delay, that's why I decided to go with the paid service a few years ago.

Other than that, if you buy a mail account, you get a reporting account along with it that is not measured by volume, although it has maximum daily reporting limits, I think. You would not need to use the mail part of it and would basically have a flat rate reporting account.

I thought about that, but I know too little about the e-mail account reporting features. I'll have to research about any reporting limits first.

BTW, I hope you don't expect that reporting alone will somehow decrease the amount of spam sent to your email address. It does not.

No, I don't have such expectations. I'm not even munging my reports because it's rather pointless (you just can't circumvent steganography without omitting the entire message). I'm fully aware of the consequences of it all, too.

The FAQ here has data on the free, report-only, and filtered e-mail accounts, to include links to "how to sign up" ... have you looked at the Pinned item tagged with the "read before posting" comment?  The obvious first step would be to try the free-reporting item first to at least see what's up.

I have read all the FAQs, and none of them really answered my question. "to at least see what's up"? I don't think anything is up, I just have a large spam volume, and I would like to have a flat-rate reporting account, if possible.

If you already have a reporting account, you should know whether the daily reporting limit affects you or not, because the limit is the same for all three types of accounts. The reporting part of a mail account is basically like a reporting-only account (but without the nag screen or the need to buy fuel) with the additional option to do quick reporting from webmail and all kinds of reporting options from the VER screen.

Hi, Julian!

<snip>

I have read all the FAQs, and none of them really answered my question. <snip>

30007[/snapback]

...Not sure what FAQ it was you read but when I navigate to SpamCop Reporting Help forum main page, then Pinned: Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting, then SpamCop Email System & Accounts, I see the following links:
SpamCop Email System & Accounts

What is this SpamCop Mail Service?

What is the cost?

How do I sign up?

How do I setup my account?

SpamCop E-Mail Account Storage Quota / Limit

I can report and trash but not Delete from Held Folder

Jeff G.'s Guide to accessing SpamCop email using OE and IMAP

How do I sign up for multiple accounts under the family plan?

Discounted Additional Account, more detail

When does my account expire?

How do I renew my account?

I forgot my Password

How I use my SpamCop E-Mail account examples

Blocking and Blackhole lists available

How To Stop Filtering With The SCBL, for SpamCop Email System Customers

FAQ about the Personal Blacklist and Whitelist

FAQ about POP'ing out of SpamCop

Email System "POP Configuration" Setup

FAQ about WebMail

FAQ about Webmail: Deleting and Moving Messages

WebMail Login problems & General Slowness, First things to check

New! Reporting spam from Webmail

FAQ about IMAP

IMAP - Deleting E-Mail

How to save Sent Mail in SpamCop Webmail

FAQ about Filtering and Held Mail

FAQ about the personal webmail filters, Client filters within webmail

Messages not Filtered - Why?

Why does SpamCop release so much spam to me?

Jeff G.'s Guide to SpamCop Quick Reporting from a SpamCop E-Mail Account

Does SpamCop work with AOL/MSN/Hotmail?

I want email to go from myaccount[at]myemail.com and back to the same account. Is this possible?

When does my account expire?

Where can I get further assistance?

Why can't I receive any email?

Getting Mail From The SpamCop Email System

IMP/Horde FAQ

Can you let us know what question you have that is not answered there?

If you already have a reporting account, you should know whether the daily reporting limit affects you or not, because the limit is the same for all three types of accounts. The reporting part of a mail account is basically like a reporting-only account (but without the nag screen or the need to buy fuel) with the additional option to do quick reporting from webmail and all kinds of reporting options from the VER screen.

Ok, so I seem to be well under the daily reporting limit (I have never hit it so far). I don't need any of the mail features, but I think I'm going to try a mail account in order to get flat-rate reporting. Thanks.

...Not sure what FAQ it was you read but when I navigate to SpamCop Reporting Help forum main page, then Pinned: Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting, then SpamCop Email System & Accounts, I see the following links: [...] Can you let us know what question you have that is not answered there?

Like the topic title says, I wanted to know if there was a flat-rate reporting account. Apparently there isn't, but hopefully a mail account will do what I want.

<snip>

...Not sure what FAQ it was you read but when I navigate to SpamCop Reporting Help forum main page, then Pinned: Original SpamCop FAQ Plus - Read before Posting, then SpamCop Email System & Accounts, I see the following links: [...] Can you let us know what question you have that is not answered there?
Like the topic title says, I wanted to know if there was a flat-rate reporting account.

30069[/snapback]

...Ok, gotcha. I was focusing more on:
<snip>What can I do?  Do I really have to pay >50USD/year to report my spam?

29998[/snapback]

Apparently there isn't, but hopefully a mail account will do what I want.

30069[/snapback]

...Indeed -- good luck! :) <g>

Archived