ISP accounts are not ....

ckh

I've had 2 Spamcop accounts for almost 3 years now. Both were paid until recently when I decided I only needed the one paid account and let the other lapse to a free account.

I've been using the free account for my wife's spam so I could keep on eye on her spam reporting.

For some reason, when logging into the free account, it now says:

ISP accounts are not intended for filing reports and then says you can signup for a normal user account.

Not that I can't sign up for another free account, but, anyone have any idea why this would happen?

CKH

The plot thickens...

I can still report the spam via the email link using my special code. I get an email notification that the spam has been processed and to click on this link to finish reporting.

If I click on the link, I finish reporting.

However, the old link of http://www.spamcop.net/?code=XXXXXXX

just gives me that ISP message.

I have had this link bookmarked on a couple computers for ages and it just started this week.

CKH

For some reason, when logging into the free account, it now says:

ISP accounts are not intended for filing reports and then says you can signup for a normal user account.

That's caused by magic. Sometimes SpamCop flags an account as being an ISP abuse address for no reason that we've ever been able to discover.

It's easily fixed, though. Just send me the email address you registered with us, and I'll take the flag off.

- Don -

Archived