Helo command rejected: Host not found

I deleted one of my mailhosts in order to re-add it and see if that helps with the "internal IP identified as source" issue. But when I try to re-add, the test message fails to send with the error:

450 4.7.1 : Helo command rejected: Host not found

Does anyone know what hostname is used in the HELO command? Whether it's valid or not determines who I need to complain to.

5 hours ago, Tesseract said:

I deleted one of my mailhosts in order to re-add it and see if that helps with the "internal IP identified as source" issue. But when I try to re-add, the test message fails to send with the error:

450 4.7.1 : Helo command rejected: Host not found

Does anyone know what hostname is used in the HELO command? Whether it's valid or not determines who I need to complain to.

You just post your email address in hosts then submit after deleting the one that don't work?
This won't work on network email.

Edited by petzl

11 hours ago, petzl said:

You just post your email address in hosts then submit after deleting the one that don't work?
This won't work on network email.

I really don't know what you mean by this. All I'm doing is using the straightforward form at https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhconf by entering the address I want to register and a name for the provider, and then clicking "Proceed" on the following page in order to send the test email. That worked in the past; now it fails.

2 hours ago, Tesseract said:

I really don't know what you mean by this. All I'm doing is using the straightforward form at https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhconf by entering the address I want to register and a name for the provider, and then clicking "Proceed" on the following page in order to send the test email. That worked in the past; now it fails.

You just click the tab "Mailhosts" scroll to bottom of page click "Add new hosts" type in your email address submit
SpamCop ill send a message to that address you click the link in that message and you mailhost will be set-up

Edited by petzl

14 hours ago, Tesseract said:

Yes, that's exactly what I did. It failed with the error message I quoted in my first post.

Time to ask for help
https://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/401.html

Other reasons for contact
To contact us for any other reason, please begin by giving us a short description of the reason for the contact (message subject):   

• 4 weeks later...