spam reporting thru Spamassassin

9 hours ago, Rohan said:

Dear team,
Can you tell how to automate spam reporting to spamcop.net when using Spamassassin?

thanks,
Rohan

Every SpamCop report could lead to a listing on SpamCop Blocklist.
Once listed it is also added to SpamAssassin score

Edited by petzl

On 2/21/2022 at 8:55 AM, Rohan said:

Can you tell how to automate spam reporting to spamcop.net when using Spamassassin?

I remember something about it years ago when there was a place you could put your submit.xxxx@spam.spamcop.net address.  Looks like they have a plugin for it:

https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_SpamCop.html

On 2/22/2022 at 1:56 AM, petzl said:

Every SpamCop report could lead to a listing on SpamCop Blocklist.

True, but that is not what I meant.
Receiving spam mail is possible, event when it is listed by the Spamcop blocklist as I use other global blacklists too the minimize false positives. Based on the calculation of the outcome sum, e-mail is treated as spam or not.

I just want to get rid of the manual reporting action and have Spamassassin trigger the forward of the email to Spamcop.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:56 PM, petzl said:

Once listed it is also added to SpamAssassin score

The score is smaller than the blocking and you usually have multiple items add up to the trigger point.  You can adjust these scores in the spamassassin/local.cf file so upgrading doesn't lose your settings.

10 hours ago, Rohan said:

I just want to get rid of the manual reporting action and have Spamassassin trigger the forward of the email to Spamcop.

I did find the following talking about the plugin too.