Jump to content

multiple httpd basic authentication requests on submission


fliptop
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all - for the past day or so I've been receiving multiple httpd basic authentication requests whenever I submit a spam message.  AFAIK basic authen is supposed to remain "logged in" until all instances of the browser window are closed.  In my case I'm not closing the browser, just submitting spam as always.  Anyone else having this same issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, fliptop said:

Hi all - for the past day or so I've been receiving multiple httpd basic authentication requests whenever I submit a spam message.  AFAIK basic authen is supposed to remain "logged in" until all instances of the browser window are closed.  In my case I'm not closing the browser, just submitting spam as always.  Anyone else having this same issue?

Log into your SpamCop Web account check/click your preferences Tab
User Preferences
Report Handling Options
Non-critical, but possibly interesting options for more technical users. Report copies, confirmation dialog selection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the basic authentication realm is different for you? I see they were changing servers recently. They may have the "realm" setup different for the new servers.

https://forum.spamcop.net/announcement/50-system-outages-tuesday-october-18-2022/
Link to comment
Share on other sites

having to sign in when submitting reports?
Might have to reset cookies maybe?

Edited by petzl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, petzl said:

Might have to reset cookies maybe?

Maybe, I tried restarting my browser and I have it configured to delete cookies upon closing but I'll try it again...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I restarted my browser, and after logging into the members area a basic authen window popped up.  After logging in, I checked and there were no cookies set in my browser.  Only when I navigate to the forum did the cookies start appearing.  If the problem persists I'll report back later today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, fliptop said:

OK, I restarted my browser, and after logging into the members area a basic authen window popped up.  After logging in, I checked and there were no cookies set in my browser.  Only when I navigate to the forum did the cookies start appearing.  If the problem persists I'll report back later today.

just noticed a message

Announcement: System Outages Tuesday, October 18, 2022

We will be performing upgrades and replacement of several SpamCop servers on Tuesday, October 18, 2022 between the hours of 08:30 a.m. GMT and 12:00 p.m. GMT (1:30am to 5:00am PDT).
There will be short outages of approximately 15 minutes each where the SpamCop website is not available during this time. Submissions will still be accepted, but processing may be delayed.
Thank you for your patience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, petzl said:

just noticed a message

Announcement: System Outages Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Since I last posted I've submitted a few spam messages for processing and the issue seems to have been resolved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...