Blacklisted but not on your list

RonR

I tried reading over your confusing FAQ and your reporting form failed to work.

My email just started coming back with:

***[at]***.net

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<***[at]***.net

host first-solutions.net [69.93.86.2]: 550-Message rejected because mail.relia.net [207.173.156.3]:4891 is blacklisted

550 at bl.spamcop.net see Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?207.173.156.3

When look up 207.173.156.3 on spamcop I get:

207.173.156.3 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

So why is this happening?

My email just started coming back with:

***[at]***.net

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<***[at]***.net

host first-solutions.net [69.93.86.2]: 550-Message rejected because mail.relia.net [207.173.156.3]:4891 is blacklisted

550 at bl.spamcop.net see Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?207.173.156.3

When look up 207.173.156.3 on spamcop I get:

207.173.156.3 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

So why is this happening?

32801[/snapback]

I also see that it is not currently listed and the straight dns lookup for a block is also negative for me. Perhaps you were listed and it has since fallen off the list. Perhaps this person has a cached version that has not aged off yet? You really need to contact the party doing the blocking, in this case the people at first-solutions.net. Are they the only ones blocking you, or do you have more examples that you did not share?

We have seen more than once where another list (sometimes internal) was being used but the message stated it was spamcop. Senderbase is showing you listed with spamcop if I view the extended list, but not if I only view the listed ones (none show at that page). THis further leads to believe you were listed but that listing has expired and is in the process of propatation.

I see no evidence that any spamcop reports were sent against that IP address. Since I do have a [report history] link, it is possible you hit one or more of the spamcop spamtrap addresses and were listed for a while. You would need to contact the deputies<at>spamcop.net for confirmation of that.

I tried reading over your confusing FAQ and your reporting form failed to work.

32801[/snapback]

Did you try the FAQ in this forum? Specifically the link entitled: Why am I Blocked?

Where exactly did you find this "reporting form"? The only "reporting form" I am aware of is for submitting your spam to generate reports to the originating ISP.

Archived