[Resolved] Change how often SpamCop checks email

Please forgive me as I suspect I'm missing something obvious, despite reading FAQ, forums, etc. I can no longer find the option to change how often SC checks email. Other Options/New Mail says "Control when new mail will be checked for," but the only option is Refresh Folder Views and setting this to Never does not disable email checking. I'm pretty sure I long ago set an option to check every 10 minutes, but I can't find this option.

Thanks.

Please forgive me as I suspect I'm missing something obvious, despite reading FAQ, forums, etc. I can no longer find the option to change how often SC checks email. Other Options/New Mail says "Control when new mail will be checked for," but the only option is Refresh Folder Views and setting this to Never does not disable email checking. I'm pretty sure  I long ago set an option to check every 10 minutes, but I can't find this option.

33799[/snapback]

If you are trying to modify how often spamcop POP's your external email account, there is no control over how often that is performed. It runs automatically on the server (every 15 minutes, IIRC) for every account configured to retrieve via POP. If that is not sufficient for your needs, you need to configure the remote account to redirect or forward your mail to your spamcop account. I like this config better anyway because you can turn it off if you ever lose contact with the spamcop servers (account disabled or expired, etc.)

Options, SpamCop Tools, Configure external POP servers is where you can do the changes for that part.

Other than Options, Spamcop Tools all of the other options are related to how things are handled for messages already on the spamcop server and how your web browser displays them. The option you describe simply refreshes the listing from the server on that interval and can be set to pop up a warning when new mail has arrived there.

Hope this helps.

Archived