re: google-abuse-bounces-reports@devnull.spamcop.net; any way to get address for manual reporting

Scott_R

59 minutes ago, Scott_R said:

I've been getting a load of these from the same sender; is there a way I can get an abuse address so I can attempt to forward the emails myself, with the thought that me maybe contacting them directly might get some results?

Google pointy heads don't want spam reports from SpamCop
Just send as attachment from your email that received them to network-abuse[AE]google[DOT]com
The spammer already has your email, that's what I do it is not necessary to use SpamCop 
Just put IP you got it from in email subject,  209.85.214.194 

On 4/22/2023 at 10:02 AM, petzl said:

Google pointy heads don't want spam reports from SpamCop
Just send as attachment from your email that received them to network-abuse[AE]google[DOT]com

Tried that with my latest serial pest and the pointy heads asked me to use their legal or cloud form but it's a google mail server IP abuse report?

15 hours ago, ninth said:

Tried that with my latest serial pest and the pointy heads asked me to use their legal or cloud form but it's a google mail server IP abuse report?

Yes usually web forms are incoherent and take a lot of time to work out- then they are ignored!
I only use Gmail, if spam is sourced from Gmail clicking the "report phishing" seems to work.

6 hours ago, petzl said:

Yes usually web forms are incoherent and take a lot of time to work out- then they are ignored!
I only use Gmail, if spam is sourced from Gmail clicking the "report phishing" seems to work.

Thanks for the advice mate but I'm not keen on anything google when they earn a trillion dollars a second and can't give me more than the noreply template Gspam. I'll keep flicking the offending messages to SC because they find ways to report I didn't know about and even if they fall on deaf ears I still shared on the block lists and forum. 

19 hours ago, ninth said:

Thanks for the advice mate but I'm not keen on anything google when they earn a trillion dollars a second and can't give me more than the noreply template Gspam. I'll keep flicking the offending messages to SC because they find ways to report I didn't know about and even if they fall on deaf ears I still shared on the block lists and forum. 

SpamCop Seems working effortlessly  now.
Up to you, but sending spam as attachment is quick and easy (abuse desk can also electronically parse it)
Don't help if the abuse desk don't care!

Edited by petzl

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what I think is going on at Google, and why it is still important to report spam from google servers to Spamcop even if you are reporting directly, and despite that no person is seeing the SC report.

I've been frustrated for a while that the SC reports are dev-nulling, and I too have wondered why am I reporting?

Consider the enormous masses of email going through GMail and Google cloud servers these days. Seems almost everybody on earth has at least one GMail account, plus one for every Android phone. Even as big as Google is it is just impossible to deal with spam reports at the single-message level. That would just be overwhelming. To attempt to handle this incomprehensible volume, Google is obviously employing AI.

In cases where I actually have received a response from the Google abuse desk, I have laughed at the wording and lack of addressing my specific issue, thinking that the google reps sould like a robot. Well, of course, that's because the responses are in fact coming from a robot.

What Google appears to be doing instead of handling individual spam reports is using algorithms to monitor the BLs in real-time, including the Spamcop BL, and probably taking action to investigate potential spammers when certain of their IPs starting "bubbling up" on multiple BLs. By continuing to report your Google spam to SC, you help draw attention to their most abused accounts.

The AI also monitors emails coming from their servers (reported or not) for messages that "look like" spam, and flags suspicious activity.

By no means am I suggesting that this is working. It isn't. But by not reporting dev-nulled spam, we are just helping the spammers lurk undetected in the background.

Just IMO,
-Captain Obvious
(SC contributor since 2006)

Edited by Jeff_G

5 hours ago, Jeff_G said:

Just IMO,
-Captain Obvious
(SC contributor since 2006)

I've been assimilated by Google yes they electronically read your mail classify it  if seen/tagged to be not pro-government report you secretly to NSA/FBI/DOJ'IRS and so on but for spam from ham it's second to none. Any gmail spam to gmail user is quickly made dead by reporting it as phishing.
random big tech spying article,
https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/3703490-why-wont-government-release-results-of-investigation-into-big-techs-privacy-practices/

8 hours ago, Jeff_G said:

The AI also monitors emails coming from their servers (reported or not) for messages that "look like" spam, and flags suspicious activity.

I was reading an article on proprivacy about the latest email offerings and they reckon that although email is not secure or private some of the privacy friendly brands are dirt cheap at $20 a year. Google can no longer scan emails to target ads but still have a list of everything purchased and watch out for the new snoop AI based smart reply.