Bounced spam Report

Lking

This is a first for me. Reported my spam the other day sending out several reports. One report went to network-abuse<at>cc.yahoo-inc.com

Today I got back a 553 bounce from a yahoo mailer-daemon for <uk-geo-abuseuk-geo-abuse<at>cc.yahoo-inc.com>

I asume this is just another way of yahoo saying "we don't care". Seems odd because I have gotten several auto-responses from yahoo lately. The thought of their abuse inbox being full does give me a thrill, however, does spamcop need to know?

Someone who really knows will come along and correct me.

However, I think that the parser keeps a count on bounces so that if yahoo fixes it within a reasonable time, then the parser will still send reports. However, after a limit is reached, then the reports are counted for the blocklist, but go straight to devnull.

Miss Betsy

<snip>

However, I think that the parser keeps a count on bounces so that if yahoo fixes it within a reasonable time, then the parser will still send reports.  However, after a limit is reached, then the reports are counted for the blocklist, but go straight to devnull.

36910[/snapback]

...That's more-or-less consistent with my understanding, too.

...Lking: these bounces were forwarded to you from SpamCop, rather than coming directly from Yahoo, right? Are you a SpamCop e-mail member or just a reporting-only member? {Follow-up question coming when www.SpamCop.net returns to service ....}

EDIT (add): If a reporting-only member, what do you have in Preferences | Report Handling Options | Report reply handling?:

• Forward only replies from sentient people
  • Forward replies from people and robots

Lking: these bounces were forwarded to you from SpamCop, rather than coming directly from Yahoo, right?

Are you a SpamCop e-mail member or just a reporting-only member?

| Report Handling Options | Report reply handling?:

• Forward only replies from sentient people
  • Forward replies from people and robots

36911[/snapback]

Hi, Lking,

...Thanks! I guess my question and your reply weren't relevant -- I thought you were saying in your original post that you were receiving lots of (500+) bounces but a more careful reading makes it clear you were saying that you received a bounce with a code "553." *blush*

Archived