Spam getting thru

I use this SpamCop application, but I still get tons of junk email. Primarily pushing junk stocks or drugs. I find this application extremely user unfriendly and hard to use. Any suggestions for how to get this stopped? I've tried redirecting the email once I get it into Outlook to the block junk mail list, but hthis doesn't help at all. It almost seems like I'm getting more. Looks like the spammers just change their emailaddress on every message.

Spamcop has no interest in the "From:" portion on the messages, it is irrelevant because it is always forged in spam. Spamcop uses only the actual IP address source of the message to block.

If you are using a spamcop email account, then you need to check in your preferences to make sure that you have all the blocklists selected. You may also need to adjust your spam Assasin point threshold to pick up more emails as spams. Be aware however that doing so may increase your false positive rate as well.

spamcop.net,Jan 23 2006, 04:16 PM]I use this SpamCop application,

But you don't actuaaly describe just how you use it ....

I find this application extremely user unfriendly and hard to use. Any suggestions for how to get this stopped?

39609[/snapback]

I can't tell from your post .. have you looked at the E-Mail Account section of the SpamCop FAQ here? (links at the top of this page) There are entries dealing with filters, balck/white-listing, etc. There's even a link to a How I use SpamCop entry in which other users have described their set-ups, configurations, methods ....

Archived