SSL pop connection errors (port 995)

Using outlook 2003.

When I set the client to get mail from the SSL port 995 for pop3. I get the following error.

image ht tp://www.rimmelsoft.co.uk/images/error.jpg

Has anyone got any idea why? its really annoying having to set this everytime I use my email client.

btwe the connection seems to work when I press YES. But still very annoying

thanks

Using outlook 2003.

When I set the client to get mail from the SSL port 995 for pop3. I get the following error.

41907[/snapback]

I will assume you are connecting to the spamcop email system, but you do not say. What specific settings are you using to make the connection. There are several host names that currently share the same IP but the certificate will be checking the name you are using against the name spamcop is using. To be honest, I don't remember spamcop having SSL enabled on POP, but my memory has been failing me recently.

I will assume you are connecting to the spamcop email system, but you do not say.  What specific settings are you using to make the connection.  There are several host names that currently share the same IP but the certificate will be checking the name you are using against the name spamcop is using.  To be honest, I don't remember spamcop having SSL enabled on POP, but my memory has been failing me recently.

41920[/snapback]

LOL that would be an astute assumption seeing as I am posting on the spamcop forums about the problem :rolleyes:

I am connecting to "mail.spamcop.net" ssl port 995.

As I say it does actually work but only after receiving the error

thanks

oooooooooooh sussed it..... thanks for the pointer. In my original email from spamcop they say to use mail.spamcop.net. Yet i just did a search and found pop.spamcop.net ... when i use that it works great!!!

Thanks SteveUnderwood

LOL that would be an astute assumption seeing as I am posting on the spamcop forums about the problem  :rolleyes:

I am connecting to "mail.spamcop.net" ssl port 995.

As I say it does actually work but only after receiving the error

thanks

41925[/snapback]

You would be surprised (or maybe not) how many questions we get about services not having to do with spamcop.

You should try pop.spamcop.net and see if it improves any. I know there is SSL for IMAP connections (imap.spamcop.net) but am not aware of SSL for POP.

mail.spamcop.net=pop.spamcop.net=imap.spamcop.net=216.154.195.50 at this time. They were separated for future expansion. I would assume the SSL cert for the POP server would be for pop.spamcop.net.

Archived