Help I'm new here

Crazyredhead

I am new to spam cop and I need some advise. I have been getting this annoying email several times a day, everyday. It contains stock info. I have never been involved with stocks and have no idea how they work. There is no unsubscribe link with them and I have tried sending an email requesting to be removed from there mailing list, but it is rejected and returned. I would like them to STOP sending me these things.

Does anyone know what to do?

Welcome to the wonderful world of spam. There is no way to stop all spam, we all really wish there was. There are a number of spam filtering techniques you can use. Most ISPs offer some level of spam sorting and/or filtering to help remove unwanted messages.

The stock scam emails that you are referring to are generally delivered by virus infected machines strewn throught the internet, so there is no way to pinpoint a single source for the messages. A spammer may user literally thousands of compromised computers to distribute their messages.

The best thing you can do is use a tool such as Spamcop to report the email back to the source ISP. If it is a good ISP, they will follow-through and either disconnect the infected computer, or contact the owner and help them get it cleaned up.

I am new to spam cop and I need some advise.

You posted into the "SpamCop Email System & Accounts" Forum. Do you have a SpamCop.net e-mail account? I'm guessing that you do not, so am moving this Topic to the Lounge area.

I have been getting this annoying email several times a day, everyday.  It contains stock info.  I have never been involved with stocks and have no idea how they work.  There is no unsubscribe link with them and I have tried sending an email requesting to be removed from there mailing list, but it is rejected and returned.  I would like them to STOP sending me these things. 

Does anyone know what to do?

42369[/snapback]

There has been a ton-load of work done on trying to develop a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) with some answers provided. I placed links to those things all over the top of each page, links on the Forum entry page, on and on ..... please take some time to look through the various "already answered questions" in the FAQ ... read some of the many previous discussions within this Forum (suspecting that the Lounge or the Reporting Forum sections would be more appropriate) ....

Archived