No body provided, check format of submission

pfeldman

I'm getting some spam where there is no message body per se. Instead, the entire advertising pitch is contained in an image. When I forward such an e-mail to Spamcop, the Spamcop analysis says "No body provided, check format of submission". It seems as though at least some spammers have found an effective way of getting around spamcop. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks! Phillip

I'm getting some spam where there is no message body per se.  Instead, the entire advertising pitch is contained in an image.

42435[/snapback]

Those two lines are fighting with each other. If there is an image, there is a body. If there is no body when you submit, there is another issue. I'll suggest a look at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3571 (whether you use OE or not, the characteristics/knowledge is the same) There may some other How To ... items in that Forum section that may help ... we can assume that you've looked the the SpamCop FAQ "here" .....

I'm getting some spam where there is no message body per se.  Instead, the entire advertising pitch is contained in an image.  When I forward such an e-mail to Spamcop, the Spamcop analysis says "No body provided, check format of submission".  It seems as though at least some spammers have found an effective way of getting around spamcop.  Is there anything I can do about this?  Thanks!  Phillip

42435[/snapback]

Hi, Phillip,

...This question has a lot of history already, so you are in luck. Try this: go to the area near the top of the page that has what appears to be a "button" labeled "Search for -->." In the data-entry area to the right of the button, type in the string "No body provided, check format of submission" (including the quote marks), then press the "Search for -->" button. You should get a fairly large number of hits which you can sample.

Archived