Firefox recommended?

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at members.spamcop.net.

Why do I have to use MSIE if I want to report spam? I can get to many other places using FF (But there seem to be a number of sites that do not support it, like SpamCop?)

It says right at the bottom of the pages:

Copyright © 1998-2005, IronPort Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. HTML4 / CSS2 Firefox recommended - Policies and Disclaimers

Why cant I access SC with FF then?

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at members.spamcop.net.

???? that sounds like an issue with your install, computer, upstream, ....????

The alternative is that there would be a ton of postings here and the newsgroups about the lack of connectivity ... which isn't happening.

Why do I have to use MSIE if I want to report spam? I can get to many other places using FF (But there seem to be a number of sites that do not support it, like SpamCop?)

A web-page that doesn't support a browser? That's pretty rare these days ... thinking back to the Netscape / Internet Explorer battles where some folks would 'tailor' the web-page code to deliberately impair or even crash the surfing user's browser if it wasn't the "right" browser .....

Why cant I access SC with FF then?

You're obviously going to have to troubleshoot something .... if you state that your system can "reach" the page using IE, then .... you tell us why your system can't reach the same page using some version of FireFox. It was just last weel when my ancient software firewall decided to turn off "interactive" mode, which left me with the sensation that a lot of the 'net' was unreachable

I've had no troubles getting into SCMail with Fire Fox.

I've come across that issue before, where FF can't access a certain site, but IE can. I don't know of any fixes, so I uninstalled FF, reinstalled it and the problem ceased to exist. I do know that if you're downloading and installing themes for FF, the piss poor coding that some people use will REALLY screw up net accessability. I had some SERIOUS issues after I installed one from some kid in Russia.... I stick to the defaults these days.

Archived