Report or Not to report

JamesM

Hi,

In the last 3 weeks we've been reporting around 1500 - 2000 spams a day :D thats nearly 40,000

And we even had a few reports of people apologising for sending spam and some networks saying they would get their users to clean their infected machines - So it seems to be working :)

Now I have a company that keeps sending emails claiming "This bulletin is part of the service we offered you when you took out your online insurance quote."

I have emailed the insurance company and the list company asking to be removed but the emails still keep coming. Filling out their removal form doesn't make any difference. I'm pretty sure permission was never given to use the email address but it is possible years ago it may have been missed/tricked.

Is it ok to report these emails?

<snip>

Now I have a company that keeps sending emails claiming "This bulletin is part of the service we offered you when you took out your online insurance quote."

I have emailed the insurance company and the list company asking to be removed but the emails still keep coming. Filling out their removal form doesn't make any difference. I'm pretty sure permission was never given to use the email address but it is possible years ago it may have been missed/tricked.

Is it ok to report these emails?

Hi, JamesM!

...Does On what type of email should I (not) use SpamCop? answer your question? Please post back here to let us know!

...Does On what type of email should I (not) use SpamCop? answer your question? Please post back here to let us know!

I went there and I wasn't sure hence the post, I've re read it and I don't think it really answers my question.

If you have specifically told the companies involved not to send any further emails and they take no notice (no reply) and continue to send emails (more than 1) after a reasonable period of time is it ok to then report these emails?

Irrespective of whether you may or may not have once (indavertantly) been subscribed to their or a 3rd party mailing list that they are claiming?

I went there and I wasn't sure hence the post, I've re read it and I don't think it really answers my question.

<snip>

...Yeow, that's the last time I point someone to an "official" SpamCop FAQ entry without first reading it carefully! :blush: <blush> Sorry!

...How about thread "Hope I didn't break the rules" (especially replies by me , Miss Betsy and btech )?

No probs, thanks for the help Steve. In the thread you suggest there's a post from Jeff G. and link to another thread if they don't run a responsible list. - Given they have broken those guidelines more than once I think it would be right to submit a spam reports.
...Thanks for the feedback; glad I was able to help (finally)! :) <g>

...Wow, you even used my name (Steve) rather than my user id (turetzsr) -- thanks for noticing that! :) <g>

...Just to make it explicit: yes, I agree that you can report the e-mail (which you originally wrote about) as spam.

Archived