strange headers

karlisma

link

is this made to put tracking info, or mistake? Or... maybe my ISP has changed anything.

Of course, I DID erase the track codes, they were plenty...

Hi, karlisma,

...Sorry, I'm not seeing the problem. Can you please clarify what it is you think is not going as expected?

Hi, karlisma,

...Sorry, I'm not seeing the problem. Can you please clarify what it is you think is not going as expected?

if most of the times header is around 21 line, this one has got 56... with tracking codes all over the place.

and again - sorry if this is normal or what, just saw this first time.

if most of the times header is around 21 line, this one has got 56... with tracking codes all over the place.

and again - sorry if this is normal or what, just saw this first time.

...Ah, okay, I think I see what you mean.

...Notice that there are a lot of headers that start with "X-". IIUC, these are non-standard headers added somewhere along the way by one or more of the servers that has handled the e-mail. In my experience, this does not happen very often, so that would explain why there usually aren't so many headers.

...Does this explanation resolve your issue?

One would not usually see quite so many X-headers but it depends on the "hands" it has passed through on the way and some of "yours" I've not seen before (which, with due humility, is not saying much) - but a large amount or all of this stuff is almost certainly forged and you say you've erased "tracking codes"? Well, what's left could constitute some sort of tracking facility too (read a few spy stories and let your imagination rove) but is most probably intended to make it all look legitimate. I've even seen fake habeas headers but most spammers aren't quite so stupid.

Archived