Filters Started Leaking

I've made no recent changes to my SpamCop e-mail account filter settings, but as of Friday 16 June, I have started receiving spam of the sort that usually gets caught. I have all the DNS Blacklist selections checked, and I have SpamAssassin limit set at one.

Here are the source views for the spam I got this weekend:

http://www.markbuckles.com/misc/spam.htm

Why has this started happening?

Why has this started happening?

5 out of 6 show this line -> X-SpamCop-Whitelisted: mark[at]markbuckles.com

the 6th would seem to be something to do with the settings of your filter actions, based on the line ->X-Bayesian-Result: spam (99) .. but then again, SpamPal is also mentioned, so this may have been added at your system ... you made no mention of this ....

5 out of 6 show this line -> X-SpamCop-Whitelisted: mark[at]markbuckles.com

the 6th would seem to be something to do with the settings of your filter actions, based on the line ->X-Bayesian-Result: spam (99) .. but then again, SpamPal is also mentioned, so this may have been added at your system ... you made no mention of this ....

Yeah, SpamPal in on my computer (local), not on SpamCop (server); it handles e-mail after it is downloaded from SpamCop. I am certainly no expert at this and didn't want to alter the headers, so I posted the messages in their entirety.

So this still leaves the question: why has spam started seeping through?

Is there a way to install additional filters on the SpamCop server?

So this still leaves the question: why has spam started seeping through?

????? I said: 5 out of 6 show this line -> X-SpamCop-Whitelisted: mark[at]markbuckles.com .... and then you quoted the same comment ...????

You "whitelisted" your own e-mail address .... your e-mail address is being forged into these e-mail headers (making the easy assumption that you really didn't send them to yourself, from yourself) .... not sure how one could call thise "leaking" ....

????? I said: 5 out of 6 show this line -> X-SpamCop-Whitelisted: mark[at]markbuckles.com .... and then you quoted the same comment ...????

You "whitelisted" your own e-mail address .... your e-mail address is being forged into these e-mail headers (making the easy assumption that you really didn't send them to yourself, from yourself) .... not sure how one could call thise "leaking" ....

I saw that, but did not understand why you included the Whitelist reference - as I mentioned: I am no expert at this (shoulda said I am pretty clueless). So I will de-Whitelist myself (not sure why I did it to begin with; I may have copied a whitelist fom my local settings).

Thank you for your assistance!

Just a reminder that sometimes when in VER

"Forward (do not whitelist sender)"

one can miss a beat and select

"Forward (and whitelist sender)"

Which auto enters it (email address)

So if you find your email address forged and passing through filters you will need to go to your Whitelist and delete your address

Archived