bulk mails and bcc's

schumi99

hi friends,

i get spam mails where you see one only adressee, of course mine is not included. i assume that my adress is a bbc:, therefore i cant see it. furthermore - how many bcc adresses (which obviously cannot be seen) are contained in the header? wouldnt this be a perfect reason, to prevent being reported in spamcop.net? because only bulk spam will be handled?

hi friends,

i get spam mails where you see one only adressee, of course mine is not included. i assume that my adress is a bbc:, therefore i cant see it. furthermore - how many bcc adresses (which obviously cannot be seen) are contained in the header? wouldnt this be a perfect reason, to prevent being reported in spamcop.net? because only bulk spam will be handled?

...Most likely, yes. That is why I, personally, don't use the "To" or even the "Bcc" fields to determine whether an e-mail is bulk. Rather, I consider the source of the e-mail and sometimes the content.

...Note that the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting capability does not enforce the rule about spam having to be bulk -- it leaves it to us reporters to comply and to SpamCop admins/deputies to enforce.

... I, personally, don't use the "To" or even the "Bcc" fields to determine whether an e-mail is bulk. ...
Completely concur, with the additional justification that the TOS/AUPs of the spammer's hosts may prohibit "spam" by whatever name without specifying "bulk" so a breach of same might be assumed in any event. Also, in these parts (Australia), the legal definition of "spam" is UCE not UBE, so SpamCop's indulgence is especially appreciated - and the bulk aspect is essentially unknowable to the reporter, as schumi99 points out.

...Most likely, yes. That is why I, personally, don't use the "To" or even the "Bcc" fields to determine whether an e-mail is bulk. Rather, I consider the source of the e-mail and sometimes the content.

...Note that the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting capability does not enforce the rule about spam having to be bulk -- it leaves it to us reporters to comply and to SpamCop admins/deputies to enforce.

ok, thanks, so let me give a try

Archived