DNS blocked ?

HomeUser

Hi,

I see in the spam report page line like:

Host sauhmh.caloritewebware.com (checking ip) IP not found ; sauhmh.caloritewebware.com discarded as fake.

Host ekchgd.caloritewebware.com (checking ip) IP not found ; ekchgd.caloritewebware.com discarded as fake.

Host aptnuw.caloritewebware.com (checking ip) IP not found ; aptnuw.caloritewebware.com discarded as fake.

I suppose this are the replys of a DNS query's.

Still I can go to those sites (I should have done that) and I can find them with DNS. Is it possible that Spamcop DNS query’s are blocked on that server?

Host aptnuw.caloritewebware.com (checking ip) IP not found ; aptnuw.caloritewebware.com discarded as fake.

I suppose this are the replys of a DNS query's.

Still I can go to those sites (I should have done that) and I can find them with DNS. Is it possible that Spamcop DNS query’s are blocked on that server?

This is not a software issue that fits this (Geek - Software issues) Forum section ..,. it is a SpamCop.net Parsing and Reporting question .... it has been brought up repeatedly, there are FAQ entries here that deal with this and surrounding issues ... this is being moved back to the Reporting Help Forum ...

For the "real" answer, start with looking at http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.c...ritewebware.com ..... your browser is set to allow the great user experience, so will be happy to wait and wait and wait for a return .... the SpamCop.net parsing tool is handling hundreds of queries a minute (follow the graphic/link at the top of this page and see the numbers showing there, currently showing like 16 messages a second) ....

For other answers, details, look for things like Domain won't resolve, reporting of spamvertised sites, DNS games, on and on .. another one of those things that so many folks don't use "standard" terminology to describe what's being discussed ....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived