Domain name theft by Spammers

Cuik

My domain name is being used by Spammers (in Latvia according to my ISP). As a result when they fail to reach their intended target the returned messages get bounced back to me and are usually picked up in my catchall account.

I have reported some of the original spam (received directly) and reported it.

My concerns are as follows.

1. Will my domain name be blocked or will people be smart enough to see that I did not send the mail?

2. Can I legally stop these b'stards? - a slow death would be too good for them.

3. If I report these bounced spams they will be able to see my domain name and I am worried about a denial of service attack?

4. Do I just shut down my 'catchall' email account (which would eliminate most but not all the bouncebacks) and just ignore the problem?

My domain name is being used by Spammers (in Latvia according to my ISP). As a result when they fail to reach their intended target the returned messages get bounced back to me and are usually picked up in my catchall account.

I have reported some of the original spam (received directly) and reported it.

My concerns are as follows.

1. Will my domain name be blocked or will people be smart enough to see that I did not send the mail?

2. Can I legally stop these b'stards? - a slow death would be too good for them.

3. If I report these bounced spams they will be able to see my domain name and I am worried about a denial of service attack?

4. Do I just shut down my 'catchall' email account (which would eliminate most but not all the bouncebacks) and just ignore the problem?

You might also try How do I stop spammers from using my email address? also found in the FAQ Under Construction Forum if the link doesn't work.

Miss Betsy

Archived