Need help - forgot my password and enteret a loop

Hi there,

I've gained a really annoying problem.

My mailaccount [at] spamcop is hvitved[at]spamcop.net - It's been working fine for two years time now. However, somehow I lost my password yesterday (and, smart as I am, it's not stored, I prefer remembering my passwords). So far so good, however, I'm only using webmail.. so no access to my mailbox, my account recieves mail from my other account by the POP email service, and therefore getting my password resend to this account is no option... furthermore, the login for this account was sent, and is kept, in my spamcop mailbox... so I could't even use it and do a massive pop'ing on this account.

I'm able to recall the newest (read) mails in my mailbox by memory. I've got the VISA (in my own name) that the account was renewed with last time, and ofcouse, I've got picture legitimation of myselv... but... how do I get in contact with someone who might be able to unlock my account - and what documentation must I be able to provide ?

Help... I miss my email... and fear someone might have guesses my pw and changed the account :-(

With regards,

Leif Hvitve

My mailaccount [at] spamcop is hvitved[at]spamcop.net - It's been working fine for two years time now. However, somehow I lost my password yesterday

Hi, Leif!

...You are in luck! I had no idea myself what to do, as I am not a SpamCop e-mail user. However, I checked the SpamCop FAQ (see link near top of any SpamCop forum page, including this one, labeled "SpamCop FAQ") and found an entry labeled "I forgot my Password / can't login / other account problems." Please have a look at it and let us know whether that answers your question.

...Good luck!

...You are in luck! I had no idea myself what to do, as I am not a SpamCop e-mail user. However, I checked the SpamCop FAQ (see link near top of any SpamCop forum page, including this one, labeled "SpamCop FAQ") and found an entry labeled "I forgot my Password / can't login / other account problems." Please have a look at it and let us know whether that answers your question.

And even further towards the top of the document is an entry titled Password Problems? .....

Probably too late to mention all the Contact Us or the How to Contact ... links, entries, Announcements, found in a number of places ...

Oh, sorry for not mentioning it, but actually I did fill in the form, 48 hours ago actually, however, havn't even recieved a "we've placed your email in our rt, you'll be contacted" or something ? :-)

/Leif

Oh, sorry for not mentioning it, but actually I did fill in the form, 48 hours ago actually, however, havn't even recieved a "we've placed your email in our rt, you'll be contacted" or something ? :-)
...Unfortunately, SpamCop e-mail support is (AIUI) one guy (J.T.) for whom SpamCop is only one of many (?) jobs.

...When your patience runs out, alternate contact information for J.T. can be found at "How To Get Official SpamCop.Net Customer Support". However, I understand his e-mail Inbox has lots of entries!

...Good luck!

Archived