Wants an Avatar

rollin_jerrie

I wonder if the board let rollin_jerrie upload one - IIRC (and it's been a long time since I've seen the post that talked about it) you could upload one but not use it.

I toggled those bits long ago, but will admit that that was on the 2.0.x versiopn ... just checked and all is turned off in this install also ....

The real questions is .... this is a support tool for the SpamCop.net toolset. Why is it that an Avatar would be "required" before getting around to posting about an issue with SpamCop.net? The fact that there have been security exploits involved on Forums that allowed such "luxuries" ... need I say anymore on that subject?

we all like the pretty. many take pride in the pretty. many believe restricting the pretty limits their freedom of expression/individuality. that said, many still buy things from spam, 'verify' their ebay/paypal/bank/creditcard info on fake websites, try to help unfortunate Nigerian ex-princes/bankers/gov't officials, and think email is a guaranteed delivery method for business communications.

so, well done not catering to the useless pretty.

that, and those things get damn annoying.

Archived