Unreported spam link takes me to spam already reported

Neil Parks

There seems to be a problem today (Tuesday).

Unreported spam Saved: Report Now

When I click the above link I am supposed to see spam for which reporting is not yet completed. Instead it is showing me the opposite: It brings up spams for which reports have already been sent.

Reports regarding this spam have already been sent:

Paging through the "Past reports" screens, I see several spams listed for which reports have not been sent. The last report that was completed was at 10:43 Eastern Daylight Time today.

[spamCop] has accepted 11 emails for processing

I clicked on a couple of reporting links in a confirmation email, and those seem to be working normally. It is apparently only the "Unreported spam Saved: Report Now" that is going wrong.

I clicked on a couple of reporting links in a confirmation email, and those seem to be working normally. It is apparently only the "Unreported spam Saved: Report Now" that is going wrong.

Strange - sounds like you need to complete all of them from the links in the confirmation email. I guess it will all be back into synch once you have done that. Never heard of this before (usually just confusion, user out of synch, not the system). Can you complete all reports from the email and see if it "comes good"?

<snip>

Paging through the "Past reports" screens, I see several spams listed for which reports have not been sent.

<snip>

...This has always been the case, I believe. The difference between the already sent and not-yet-sent reports on the "Past reports" screens (I presume you mean the ones labeled "Report History") is that the ones that have been sent have ReportIDs listed, for example:
  • # nnnnnnnnnnn ( Forwarded spam ) To: <abuse address>
  • # nnnnnnnnnnn ( Forwarded spam ) To: <abuse address>

Is this what you are seeing?

Archived