[Resolved] unable to report spam from bluebottle's account

kamaraju

I have bluebottle email account (kamaraju at bluebottle dot com) and I am unable to report the spam that I receive into this email account. I am using the spamcop's web interface. Here is the spam email with full headers that I tried to report.

Return-Path: <bayard[at]mindless.com>

Received: from fe5.bluebottle.com (fe5 [209.144.225.81])

by bluebottle-be2.bluebottle.com (Cyrus v2.2.8) with LMTPA;

Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:03:48 -0500

X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.2

Received: from fe9.bluebottle.com (fe9 [209.144.225.74])

by fe5.bluebottle.com (8.13.6/8.13.4) with ESMTP id k6K23l5l010673;

Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:03:47 -0500

Received: from iniruao.emooa2c.ameritech.net (cpe-72-229-157-240.nyc.res.rr.com [72.229.157.240])

by fe9.bluebottle.com (8.13.6/8.13.6) with ESMTP id k6K23VoL026355;

Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:03:46 -0500

Message-ID: <{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}{DIGIT}.ADD478A263[at]PHGNAV2D>

To: <kattu_cute[at]bluebottle.com>

Subject: re:your resume

Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:01:22 -0400

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.5510

X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106

Thread-Index: wjPYwKtYPBuVS8VFRj9JgJWJCBbxMLuzWFMG

Content-Type: text/html;

charset="Windows-1252"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

X-Virus-Scanned: ClamAV 0.88.3/1609/Wed Jul 19 07:13:27 2006 on fe9.bluebottle.com

X-Virus-Status: Clean

X-spam-Status: No, score=9.9 required=15.0 tests=DNS_FROM_RFC_WHOIS,

HTML_FONT_LOW_CONTRAST,HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY,

RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,RCVD_IN_DSBL,RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL,RCVD_IN_XBL

autolearn=disabled version=3.1.1

X-spam-Level: *********

X-spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.1 (2006-03-10) on fe9.bluebottle.com

Trusted-Delivery-Validation-State: Not validated

<html><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

<head></head>

<body bgcolor=#ffffff>

Hello. <br>

<font color=#fcfcfc>god parks ulcer mutt</font><br>

We have found your resume on Job web site, and would like to offer you

vacancy in our company. <br>

If you interests, more detailed information you can receive on ours web <br>

site: http://www.****.us/ ( please send us email for more information ) <br>

vacancymillermorgans[at]runbox.com <br>

<font color=#fcfcfc>exist pox balkan mu</font><br>

We look forward to your reply. <br>

<font color=#fcfcfc>gloss guess and joker</font><br>

Thank you. <br>

Best regards, <br>

Miller & Morgans inc.<br>

<font color=#fcfcfc>join 84th silver lmn</font><br>

</body>

</html>

The errors that I receive are

SpamCop v 1.589 Copyright © 1998-2005, IronPort Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1005774200z1...2e436699fa3d88z

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

Nothing to do.

Is this some problem with spamcop's parser or a problem with bluebottle's email system? If it is bluebottle's fault could some one tell me what mistake they are doing? Finally is anyone here able to submit spam from bluebottle's account to spamcop?

thanks

raju

You may also want to post a tracking URL so that we can see the original headers exactly as the parser did. Sometimes certain mail programs add carriage returns where there should be none in the headers. It is hard to tell from data copied into the forum where there is a carriage return, and where the forum simply wrapped a long line. For instance, the Received From: ... and by ... which should all be in the same header line appear split into two lines. Without a tracking URL, it is pretty much impossible for us to tell if your mail program is showing you the headers that way, or if they are correct and the forums simply wrapped the long line.

Oops, guess I'm not at my most observant first thing in the morning. Headers look good in the tracking link, looks to simply be a mailhost problem. I would try the mailhost setup again (it may be that your ISP uses multiple outgoing mailservers and spamcop just isn't aware of them all yet).

Oops, guess I'm not at my most observant first thing in the morning. Headers look good in the tracking link, looks to simply be a mailhost problem. I would try the mailhost setup again (it may be that your ISP uses multiple outgoing mailservers and spamcop just isn't aware of them all yet).

After configuring the mailhosts for kamaraju at bluebottle dot com, I am able to report the spam email. I thought that configuring mailhosts is optional. Atleast that is what http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/lofiversio....php/t4068.html says in the "when?" section. Anyway, now it is working. So I am happy!

thanks

raju

While it is technically optional, there are some situations in which the parser will get confused if it is not set up. It really depends, it seems, on how the ISP is routing their email, and whether or not the parser is already aware of the servers for that particular ISP.

After configuring the mailhosts for kamaraju at bluebottle dot com, I am able to report the spam email.
Hi, raju!

...Thanks for returning here to give us the good news! I shall mark this thread as "Resolved."

I thought that configuring mailhosts is optional.

<snip>

...Indeed it is, provided you don't mind not being able to report spam because the parser says "No source IP address found, cannot proceed." :) <g>

Archived