Mobile phone with email client

I have used Spamcop for some time and pop the emails to Outlook on my system at home (incoming mail server of Outlook set at 'pop.spamcop.net').

I want to get emails to a mobile phone and my mobile phone provider said that if I buy a phone with an 'Email Client' I can pop emails to it.

I am reasonably technical but have managed to become confused by this - should I be able to set the mobile phone with 'pop.spamcop.net' as the incoming mail server and receive emails from spamcop on the phone?

I have tried FAQs but cannot see help there. Thanks. Nick

here are existing pos6ts/Topics here from goplks that have done this successfully. There are posts/Topics here from folks that found it to be impossible. What exists in the FAQs 'here' comes from data developed by those that "have been there" ....

My suggested plan of attack .. pick out the phone that you are interested in, go to the specification pages for that phone, see what the "actual" requirements, capabilities, limits are on that phone's feature list. Yes, it may "do e-mail" but perhaps "only" wih a specific service. The last research I did for someone else with a cell-phone issue allowed that phone to do not only POP, but IMAP as well .. though the actual result was a but less than 'wonderful' due to the limited screen space on the sell-phone.

That's actually the problem with providing a FAQ 'here' on something like this ... cell-phone/PDA/pocet-PC standards and software are changing all the time, not all hand-held capabilities are supported (the same way) by the companies selling the things, .... so this kind of research has to start with the vendors involved with the tools you're looking at. In this case, you've not provided either the 'service provider' or the phone in question, so can't even tell if your 'combination' has been discussed here before.

Archived