[Resolved] Accidentally Misreported an Email as Spam

Well, you can usually email deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net, however, if it was a legitimate email, than there is not much chance that a single accidental report will get the IP listed.

You should note, however, that the inclusion of a "remove" option does not automatically make an email legitimate. What matters, is whether or not you consented at some point in time to receive this email. Consent, not content determines whether a message is spam. If you did not sign up to receive the email, and in most cases that is the case, then "removing" your address will do little more than confirm to the spammer that they have a working email address and will instantly double its value.

Submitted: 27 July 2006 18:12:44 +0100:

I have accidentally reported an email that I probably had an unsubscribe option for.

I report thousands that have an unsubscribe option!

What does and unsubscribe option have to do with not being spam?

They are a reputable company and I probably accidentally didn't tick or did tick the don't spam me/spam me box on a web form at some point. I really don't think it's genuine spam and was surprised to see that my tired eyes had reported it.

Thanks for the advice. I have followed the instructions and appologised. I was trying to be careful as I unwittingly misreported once before.

Thank you all and sorry if this is a pain for Spamcop

Fairy

<snp>

Thanks for the advice. I have followed the instructions and appologised. I was trying to be careful as I unwittingly misreported once before.

<snip>

Hi, Fairy!

...Thanks for taking the time to come back here and let us know that this is resolved! :) <g> I am marking this thread accordingly.

Archived